Bully Problem
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Bully Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 03:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Bully Problem

Hey guys, I have been dealing with this problem for a few months now. I am coming to you guys because all of you seem like very level-headed people that can offer good advice in situations like this. This is my first post because I usually just read all of the interesting information on here. I don't have much information to contribute myself on other topics, sorry. Anyways...

There is this this kid named Tony that goes to my high school. He is not a very big kid, but he does a lot of drugs and gets in a lot of fights. He has mugged a couple of my acquaintances, and he has stolen money/items from a few of my friends. Last weekend my best friend was at a party and Tony asked him for a beer. My friend refused because he hates Tony for the stuff he does to kids, then Tony walks away and throws a beer can hard and hits him in the head. My friend isn't very big so he didn't want to get in a fight. He calls me up, tells me what happened, and my other friend and I rush over to the party, pissed as hell, looking to kick the s*** out of this Tony kid. We know Tony and his 2 friends (small, but vicious) always carry knives on them. (These are Tony's only friends that would stick up for him in a fight out of the whole school btw). Tony and his friends end up leaving before we get there. To sum it up, Tony has messed with many of my friends, and I really want to pretty much kill him next time I see him outside of school. I could destroy him in a fight 1v1, but my dilemma is that Tony carries a knife. Then I have to wip out my baseball bat to get the job done, but then I can get in big time trouble for assault with a deadly weapon. So what do I do? I can't just let this s*** keep happening! FWIW, I have friends that can fight and would back me in a fight against this punk. So any helpful ideas? What would you guys do in a situation like this? Thanks a lot!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-16-2009, 03:50 AM   #2

Police.

That's what they're there for, if you can pull them away from their laser guns.

You have witnesses to his crimes so getting charges and hopefully a conviction shouldn't be hard.

Don't be a vigilante though, otherwise you'll be the one with problems.

Good luck

Old 04-16-2009, 04:15 AM   #3

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Definitely get the authorities and your parents involved. Life is too short to start out with undesirable references on your record. And stay away from Tony!!

Old 04-16-2009, 04:17 AM   #4

Default Bullies and such.

+1 on police. If you attempt to do anything yourself, you will be in a world of trouble. (if you survive.) In these days of PC, you will end up in trouble with school/police even if you are defending yourself. This will put you in an even worse situation if you go vigilante on the creep.

Mike

I have killed mothers with their babies. I have killed great philosophers, and proud young warriors. I have killed the evil! And the good! The intelligent. the weak and the beautiful. But it's been a while since I slayed a room full of petty bureaucrats.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:19 AM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you know they carry knives at school, go to the principal or other school official and tell them, "I saw so and so with a knife, today. I was scared." Get the problem removed.

Don't engage them in a fight out of revenge. If you do, you deserve what's coming (knife and all, you already said you know they have knives).

The only acceptable time to use a weapon is in fear for your life. I'm not saying not to carry a weapon, but if you start carrying a weapon now (knowing you're going to fight with so and so) it's no longer an issue of you got in to a fight and used something to defend your life. It's more of an issue of, you armed yourself in anticipation of antagonizing a fight.

Don't go out looking for a fight. That's how you end up dead or in prison!

If you feel you need to arm yourself great, but by doing that, you take on much more responsibility to avoid a fight than if you were unarmed. If you arm yourself, you need to make a conscious decision to avoid people you may get into a fight with. Going to a party looking for someone is not self defense, it's 1st degree assault or murder!

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 04-16-2009, 04:22 AM   #6

Tony is destined for lifelong trouble. Stay away, do not confront, and live a better life than he does.

By all means defend yourself, but don't look for it.

You sound like a good kid, keep it so.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:31 AM   #7

Thanks for the advice guys. I know I should just avoid this kid but it is hard because I hate him so much. I have never really disliked someone, much less despise them. Plus I'm 18 and If I got charged, that would probably ruin my chances of getting into college... I've been battling myself for a while on this issue and you guys are swaying me the right way so I do apprecciate it.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:54 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Have you spoken to your parents about the situation? That would be my first move. That is easy for me to say now, though. I haven't been 18 for a long time.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:26 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The guy's a doper and a loser. He may get lucky or maybe blessed and turn himself around or he may not. It's not your job to "teach him a lesson".

Your job is to move forward in your life, go to college and make something of yourself.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-16-2009, 05:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
The guy's a doper and a loser. He may get lucky or maybe blessed and turn himself around or he may not. It's not your job to "teach him a lesson".

Your job is to move forward in your life, go to college and make something of yourself.
+1 distancing yourself or even avoiding people like that will only make your life better. College is simpler in the sense that it becomes much easier to avoid nobodies like this guy you speak of, just stay as far away from him as possible and avoid confrontations... the public school system blows at dishing out punishment justly so it'll be easier for you to just avoid him. if he confronts you try to calm the situation and walk away, if he attacks you give him a love tap on the nose then walk away if he lets you. If you defend yourself and don't go around looking for a fight no one will mess with you.

I made the mistake of fighting with an annoying punk back in high school and it landed me with a $200 fine and a school suspension. Just walk away

Texas is where it's at!
Cheers,
Angry