Bullies suck, its time we tell them that! - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Bullies suck, its time we tell them that!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I guess I'm probably the only one who never had a bully problem in school. I got along with mostly everyone, the ones I didn't get along with or like I wasn't around.

I did have a buddy that had a short lived problem with a few high kids. They would wait till he was alone in the bathroom and jump him, usually at least 3 to 1. He was a big farm boy that normally wouldn't have any trouble holding his own but against those odds without a weapon its a different story. This was during our sophomore year. The third time this happened the fight was just starting when the tables turned, a senior named Ryan, a 6'5" football player walked in to pee. He beat the living tar outta the goth kids. Ryan was an upperclassmen but didn't act like it, he was down to earth and didn't take no crap from anyone.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 09-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #32

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Chicken Pox, Measels, Mumps, bitchie old maid school teachers and fighting was just part of growing up. Why not just teach martial arts to every kid and create a balance of power.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:40 AM   #33
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Chicken Pox, Measels, Mumps, bitchie old maid school teachers and fighting was just part of growing up.Why not just teach martial arts to every kid and create a balance of power.
plus marksmanship/firearms safety.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 09-30-2012, 02:39 AM   #34

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

I had a bully in first grade, tormented me endlessly for a few weeks. I was only 6, didn't know how to stand up for myself yet. Another boy bounced my bullies head off a brick wall a few times. I still remember my heroe's name...Scott...we became best friends until we moved a year later. I'll never forget Scott...

In 7th grade, we moved from New England to Southern California. I was target numero uno, you know, the funny talkin', funny dressin' kid from back east. I fought...and lost...a lot. Usually the Mexican kids who liked to run in packs, once in a while a white kid, the jealous douche surfer type who's girlfriend said I was cute...always grounds for a beatdown I suppose. My only friend was another new kid from Tennessee, equally as funny lookin' and funny talkin' as me. His family re-located because of the shi**y town we were in very soon after they got there. One day after school, after I'd received a particularly nasty ass kicking, the biggest, meanest, kid in the entire school helped me up, walked me home and said that nobody was gonna mess with me anymore...I still remember my heroe's name...Jason... The jealous surfer douche started with me one day, as per his usual douchetastic agenda and Jason came from around the corner and knocked surfer douche into the next semester, I mean blood and teeth all over the place. Nobody messed with me after that... I'll never forget Jason.

We moved after that school year and I never heard from Jason again but when I had chances to stand up for those who were on the short end of the stick, I did, because of Jason and Scott. I honestly haven't thought of them in years until I read this thread. Thank you for starting it Web...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 09-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #35
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6136 Times on 3040 Posts
Likes Given: 6516

Vincent, I too forget sometimes but when I see an article that smells of it, hear of a kid attacked or even hear of one going Postal, it all comes rushing back.

I have seen my bullies later in life and for the most part, they are losers Like the Prom King and Queen, Failures of the highest order. I smile and laugh when I see them! A big heaping plate of vengeance is best served Cold anyways!

Old 09-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #36
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1947 Times on 1184 Posts
Likes Given: 2121

I only had one experience with a bully and the kudos go to another guy.

Bully was picking on the little guy (a friend of mine) whose locker was next to mine. I asked the bully how tough he felt picking on the little guy. He, of course, invited me out to the tree after school in his place. Being of sound mind I didn't go.

Another guy who didn't fit in very well (black guy in an all white school with some racism issues) heard about this situation. He went to the tree just to make sure I didn't get ganged up on. When I don't show up, the bully asks the black guy what he's doing there. Black guy told him. Bully says "Then you're here in his place." and takes a swing. Swing never lands, one punch KO.

I didn't go, so I didn't know the outcome. Next day I see the bully coming down the hall and think "Oh, crap here comes ...". Bully sees me and walks along the far wall with no eye contact. Now I'm really confused. Found out the rest of the story in home room. Still don't know for sure why the black guy went out there to check on me, but I'm glad he did!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 09-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #37
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1947 Times on 1184 Posts
Likes Given: 2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
Im 29. It affects every aspect of my life. It has made me afraid to speak up when it needs to be done. Its a shame really. I never said anything when i was younger but i should have. I made myself an easy target by not standing up.
You're speaking up now. It's a start.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 09-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #38
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7117 Times on 4284 Posts
Likes Given: 8645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyfacenelson View Post
I have personally never been bullied. I was always big enough to not worry.
However, my friends weren't so lucky.
They were tormented endlessly until one day i did something.
I calmy explain to the group of 5-6 guys that i was tired of the bullsh!t and if they ever looked at my friends the wrong way again i would grind them into the dust.
I said this with my hands placed firmly around 2 of their throats.
They never messed with my friends again
I'm not sure but I think my oldest son was picked on a little bit in high school. He was being raised by a single Mom and I was pretty strict with my kids, which made him sort of a target of the kids who didn't have any boundaries at all. (And yes, my son graduated college and made something of himself the the undisciplined kids are a bunch of losers who never amounted to anything because no one cared to raise them right.) Anyway......my son didn't like bullies at all and would often 'correct' the bullies who were picking on the kid with red hair, the scrawny kid, etc. There were video cameras in the hallways and my son had seen the monitors and knew the angles the videos cameras pointed in. He knew just where to grab the bully by his shirt and lift him off the ground and have a little talk with him and the action was never caught on camera. I didn't raise no dummy. I am proud of him. He is a good, kind, compassionate and successful man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
Im 29. It affects every aspect of my life. It has made me afraid to speak up when it needs to be done. Its a shame really. I never said anything when i was younger but i should have. I made myself an easy target by not standing up.
Rurak, please consider some counseling to put this all behind you. I'll bet you can change your whole outlook in just 6-8 sessions. It will give you the freedom and closure you need. Please consider it. I think your situation would be an 'easy fix'.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 09-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #39

Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts

I was never bullied. I was 5'8" 185 and for some reason I could fight... I have a big heart to this day. I was very popular in high school, played varsity football all 4 years and took up for every kid that couldn't take up for themselves... I kept friends across the board. To be friends with me you just had to be nice. I had a deep rooted hate for people that picked on weaker or "different" people. I have no idea where I got this or how it was developed but I lived it daily.
Now I have 2 sons. One is 11 years old, athletic and popular. The other is 18 6'3 285lbs and not popular but not unknown either. Both know that if they walk away from someone getting bullied, they will get their _ s s kicked when they get home. I DO NOT ENCOURAGE OR PROMOTE FIGHTING BY ANY MEANS... I do however teach my boys to stand up for themselves and stand up for others who by no fault of their own need a voice!!!! I'm a very proud dad.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #40
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6136 Times on 3040 Posts
Likes Given: 6516

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacobson View Post
I was never bullied. I was 5'8" 185 and for some reason I could fight... I have a big heart to this day. I was very popular in high school, played varsity football all 4 years and took up for every kid that couldn't take up for themselves... I kept friends across the board. To be friends with me you just had to be nice. I had a deep rooted hate for people that picked on weaker or "different" people. I have no idea where I got this or how it was developed but I lived it daily.
Now I have 2 sons. One is 11 years old, athletic and popular. The other is 18 6'3 285lbs and not popular but not unknown either. Both know that if they walk away from someone getting bullied, they will get their _ s s kicked when they get home. I DO NOT ENCOURAGE OR PROMOTE FIGHTING BY ANY MEANS... I do however teach my boys to stand up for themselves and stand up for others who by no fault of their own need a voice!!!! I'm a very proud dad.
You should be proud TJ, Its great to hear that folks here are conscientious about this subject. Pretty honorable for a bunch of Gun Toters! I dare say doing the right thing in this case could actually save someones life and it could be there own. I remember the sicko dreams/ nightmares I would have after taking a good beating, man you would not have wanted to be in the place I acted out my revenge.

I literally could have killed to stop it and I would not have cared who was in the way including me, preemption was certainly an option, Im glad I never followed my heart on that one or It could have been Columbine in the 70's! My Mom did enroll me in Judo when I was 12, it didnt make me Bruce Lee but it helped me both physically and mentally deal with things much better without choosing to go nuts on someone. I also had counseling and that was key to me maintaining some sanity in an insane situation.

Kids that are bullied dont always turn out ok in the end, often enough they become more violent and reactive than the bullies themselves. Not an excuse for their reactions but when you cant face tomorrows, you tend to think that ending today is the only way to stop the pain, going Postal is an option for those who fear they have none.

Those of us who play the victim role too long learn to blame ourselves for others bad behavior and when nothing we do changes things, it becomes a burden heavier than the beatings themselves. The pain still grows after one graduates from School to life even if the bullying ceases.

Winds made a great suggestion to Rurak, get some help or you will be a victim forever.