Bullies suck, its time we tell them that! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Bullies suck, its time we tell them that!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 45 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I have personally never been bullied. I was always big enough to not worry.
However, my friends weren't so lucky.
They were tormented endlessly until one day i did something.
I calmy explain to the group of 5-6 guys that i was tired of the bullsh!t and if they ever looked at my friends the wrong way again i would grind them into the dust.
I said this with my hands placed firmly around 2 of their throats.
They never messed with my friends again

Old 09-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #22

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

I have always been a good athlete in school, swimming, football(lineman)and track. I weighed 190 lbs and was in very good shape. I had a couple guys that would bully me a little, but only if they were together. They walked up behind me and slap the books out of my hand and I would turn and bow up. The only thing that kept me from getting froggy and making the jump was fear of not playing in the next football game or what the coaches would make me do for fighting. They only did it a few times and I think they knew the rope was almost gone.
A few years later after school a buddy and I were out looking for friends to party or hang out with. We drove into a field that we would go to on weekends sometimes. It was at night and in my buddies '74 Chevy PU with a 454 big block and mudder tires. We see a car across the field in the headlights and go to it. It was one of the bullies making out with his girlfriend, they started to leave and we started to chase! It was funny and gave us a good laugh! They stopped the car and we just drove on!

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 09-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #23
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6391 Times on 3196 Posts
Likes Given: 6888

There are always the dregs of growing up, puberty alone is pretty tough to deal with but brutality in the schools is my biggest concern for kids. They need a safe place to learn, a sense of security they may be lacking at home and the chance to focus on the studies not the students.

I appreciate everyone chiming in and hope you spread the word that some things wont be tolerated. I feel very blessed to have come through it better than most and thank god for strength the times I couldn't bear to show my face. I also thank the US army for teaching me, "I cant stop you from trying but I can damn sure break you of the habit"!

Amen!

Old 09-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #24

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

I was bullied a lot in middle and high school. I never did anything about it. It WILL affect kids in their adult lives. I suffer daily now with a problem being assertive because of that.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #25

Liked 45 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
I was bullied a lot in middle and high school. I never did anything about it. It WILL affect kids in their adult lives. I suffer daily now with a problem being assertive because of that.
Be bold. Be explosive. Be subtle.
Be all these things and more.
If someone insults you calmly look them in the eye and ask them what the hell their problem is. It depends on their answer but usually they are shallow superficial jerks who are so insecure they feel the need to pick on those who stand out.
To be assertive you will have to make yourself uncomfortablt.
Being assertive in a bad situation is akward and terrifying. But it IS managable with the right mindset and good right cross

Old 09-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #26
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
Rurak, I hope your still young enough to rise above where they dragged you down to. Punks and bullies win if you dont reach your potential because of them.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #27

Im 29. It affects every aspect of my life. It has made me afraid to speak up when it needs to be done. Its a shame really. I never said anything when i was younger but i should have. I made myself an easy target by not standing up.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #28
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

You are way too young to give up on your future. Dont sell yourself short, the bullies dont matter anymore. Leave them to the dust!

Old 09-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #29

I know. I have a 4 year old daughter now and im trying to change so i can be a good role model for her. Easier said than done

Old 09-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #30

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I bullied bullies. I saw them picking on a smaller person, I picked on them. I was bullied when I was smaller and after bulking up and playing football, ending up in jail after fighting my bullies when I was 12, I put a stop to it when I saw it. Pisses me off when people bully smaller people and think they can get away from it.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.