Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Bullies suck, its time we tell them that! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/bullies-suck-its-time-we-tell-them-73266/)

WebleyFosbery38 09-27-2012 11:35 AM

Bullies suck, its time we tell them that!

OK, Im not usually one to go off the emotional deep end when it comes to twit teens singing poorly on silly tv shows but my wife made me watch a video from The X Factor TV show that made this old Grunt drip like a faucet.

Jill Jensen is a young lady with the dream to become a great singer. She's had her dreams crushed by bullies that taunted and punished her daily for not being General Purpose Losers like them. After telling her story and ending in tears, she sang one of the most heartfelt songs of pain and disillusionment I have ever heard while trying to hold back her tears the whole time. She was a 10+ in my book and both the audience and the Judges concurred by nearly 100% emotionally moved to tears and a standing ovation. Even Simon Cowell lost it!

I was raised in a small rural school district, our family moved there from the big city of Syracuse and we were outsiders. Add to that, at six I lost my Father so the Male Role Model that would have told me how to stand my ground never existed in my life. I was scrawny, geeky and matured a bit slower than the boys my age and was ill equipt to deal with punks and was severely bullied when I was a kid. Literally beaten and treated like crap from the moment I got on my 30 mile bus ride to the second I ran off the bus in the afternoon in tears nearly every day.

I nearly dropped out of school, drank heavily, did drugs and was heading straight down into a hole I may never have escaped. Life was beyond tolerable and the School System did its best to make sure nothing ever came of it for the bullies so nothing ever changed. They blamed me most often for pushing my face into the fists of those good kids. College wasnt at all the same, not too many bullies but the stigma stuck with me like Gorilla Glue. I continued with the substance abuse and failed out after a year.

They say time heals all wounds, maybe but more likely it was the Army that healed mine finally. By the time I finished my first enlistment, nobody was ever gonna crap on my cornflakes again. Mess with this old dogs tail you will get the whole dog, teeth and all! It took my entire life of struggling with my own personal power to become whole and stable so Im coming out here to say the bullying must end and now!

There are only 3 types of people that know about bullies. There is the Person being beat down, the people that are doing the beating and those watching the whole thing happen in real time. If your the victim, there's not much you can do about it except learn to move fast, duck and cover and try not to be anywhere bullies are ever. If your either one of the other two, your the problem! Watchers are just as bad as the Bullies themselves because without an audience, the Bully will not act out!

We even had a local case last year where a Congressman's Son, A State Troopers Son and a MD's Son beat a 14 year old kid with a developmental disability so hard they broke his Femur at the bus stop in a small affluent community. The bullying had gone on for weeks prior, the fathers all hid behind the Youthful Offender Status of their brats and the only reason anyone knows who did this is because its a small community, everyone knows everything even if the Press hides the facts.

http://www.uticaod.com/news/x151219644/Police-Boy-s-leg-broken-by-bully-at-school-bus-stop

Watch the video of this brave young lady and if you dont shed a tear, its likely because you have always been one of the other two types of people and never the one being pounded like meat. Tell your kids to shun bullies, report them and make sure that you hear about it. Dont let this travesty continue, its just a horrible senseless thing and must end now.

ineverFTF 09-27-2012 11:47 AM

I saw this to.
Thank you for trying ti spread awareness and for sharing such personal experiences.
I have been bullied. Though my fist always seemed to stop it pretty quick ;).
You are right. We cannot let this trend continue. Even emotional and "cyber" bullying can do as much damage as a beating.
Thank you again for sharing this.

WebleyFosbery38 09-27-2012 12:08 PM

Thanks Inever, its pretty easy to talk about at my ripe old age but Im not afraid of them anymore. Back then, I had a mouth that sometimes provoked backlash but a body that was less than prepared to deal with the punishment. Not rude but I did say my piece (no different today) and that didn't bode well for my safety when the Teachers and Administrators just turned their backs on the event.

Just the way we that have a brain know the stupid video clip that characterized Islam in a not so great a light didn't cause the deaths of our citizens- Opening ones mouth in School isnt the reason someone should be publicly humiliated and beaten down.

I literally wanted to die on many days, I probably would not have cared much if I took out half of the school ending the beatings.

alsaqr 09-27-2012 12:40 PM

Thanks for the video.

i was bullied all through high school by one sob who beat my butt every chance he got. In 1964 i was an Army S/Sgt. on leave when i saw the sob sitting at a table in a bar. Went to the cashier and got a roll of quarters for the juke box. Put the roll of quarters in my fist, walked up behind the sob and made a liar of his dental record right there; also broke his jaw. Turned, left the place. When i ran into the sob after that i just grinned and walked on.

Yep, it felt better.

willshoum 09-27-2012 01:02 PM

What goes around.....

Bullys, I have a cousin that was harrassed thru out high school. He became a state trooper, All those that didn't grow up were eventually stopped by my cousin. He treated them with respect, some got off easy. The others not so, it was jail time....When they became a beligerant arse hole the cuffs went on........He now works as a detective..........He has a heart of gold.......:)

TDS92A 09-27-2012 01:03 PM

@WebleyFosbery38,

Thanks for posting this!!!

I too faced down a bully while in high school. Me, a 98 pound weaklling (literally), the bully, a 230 pound nose tackle. It is amazing what goes through ones mind when they are pushed and land 50 feet away from launch point on a regular basis. That went on for about three months. He was out of the school for punishment and while he was gone I took up self defense training. Needless to say that when he returned he came looking for his favorite target. Long story short, my foot met his face and he ended up on his back side crying like a baby in front of all his friends. This was back in the day when school fights were one on one. One good thing that came out of that encounter forced me to become more aware of my surroundings and with that, I was never bullied again.

Fortunately "Bullying" has a two course outcome. One, you can be the victim, or Two, you can be the victor. I chose #2 because sometimes you have got to fight.

Unfortunately kids these days seem to fit in column One. :(

willshoum 09-27-2012 01:09 PM

Bullys are a scared people.... They're more afraid of you than you are of them. When you turn the tables you'll see what I'm talking about.....;)

Mosin 09-27-2012 02:11 PM

I had some guys try to bully me. They tried to jump me, but I made it to my car and pulled up next to them. U told them if catch each one of them by themselves.

That Monday at school, I found their little ringleader in the courtyard. I walked right up to him and beat him across the courtyard.

I went to jail for that. Then his little buddies tried to 'get me back'. So we piled into a car and went to their party. They outnumbered us, but we had crazy on our side and they were too afraid to do anything.

They left us alone after that.

fmj 09-27-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 (Post 956221)
Thanks Inever, its pretty easy to talk about at my ripe old age but Im not afraid of them anymore. Back then, I had a mouth that sometimes provoked backlash but a body that was less than prepared to deal with the punishment. Not rude but I did say my piece (no different today) and that didn't bode well for my safety when the Teachers and Administrators just turned their backs on the event.

Just the way we that have a brain know the stupid video clip that characterized Islam in a not so great a light didn't cause the deaths of our citizens- Opening ones mouth in School isnt the reason someone should be publicly humiliated and beaten down.

I literally wanted to die on many days, I probably would not have cared much if I took out half of the school ending the beatings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alsaqr (Post 956237)
Thanks for the video.

i was bullied all through high school by one sob who beat my butt every chance he got. In 1964 i was an Army S/Sgt. on leave when i saw the sob sitting at a table in a bar. Went to the cashier and got a roll of quarters for the juke box. Put the roll of quarters in my fist, walked up behind the sob and made a liar of his dental record right there; also broke his jaw. Turned, left the place. When i ran into the sob after that i just grinned and walked on.

Yep, it felt better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDS92A (Post 956249)
@WebleyFosbery38,

Thanks for posting this!!!

I too faced down a bully while in high school. Me, a 98 pound weaklling (literally), the bully, a 230 pound nose tackle. It is amazing what goes through ones mind when they are pushed and land 50 feet away from launch point on a regular basis. That went on for about three months. He was out of the school for punishment and while he was gone I took up self defense training. Needless to say that when he returned he came looking for his favorite target. Long story short, my foot met his face and he ended up on his back side crying like a baby in front of all his friends. This was back in the day when school fights were one on one. One good thing that came out of that encounter forced me to become more aware of my surroundings and with that, I was never bullied again.

Fortunately "Bullying" has a two course outcome. One, you can be the victim, or Two, you can be the victor. I chose #2 because sometimes you have got to fight.

Unfortunately kids these days seem to fit in column One. :(

Yep, i was bullied and beaten as well...then freshman year of high skrewel. After spending the summer at my crazy uncles martial arts academy (crazy because he went to Nam in 65 and kept re-uping until it was over....then ran the MI nat guard base as the head honcho for years) a few weeks into the new year i was cornered in the back of the gym locker room...after trading blows for over ten minutes and giving as well as i got from one much larger than I...well, i was left strictly alone the rest of my high skrewel years.

Flash Forward 25 years...my youngest was bullied to the point of suicide (thankfully his religious learning kept him from doing it) Mass $$ in psychological "help" and many more $$ in martial arts training and even more pathetic political lip service of "zero tolerance" from the skrewels.

A couple weeks ago i get a call from the skrewel, they were suspending my son for defending himself from a particularily nasty ****** that had been tormenting all year.

As i always told my kids, if you start a fight, i'll beat your @$$ like you've never been beat before. You defend yourself and get tossed from school, we're gonna party. True to my word, after the conference and picking him up...we went for ice cream. He got to choose his favorite meal for supper and spent the rest of the day and his day off enjoying video games.

4 days later i get a call in the morning as i am getting ready to leave for class. Seems the particularly nasty ****** and his friend cornered muh boy in the bathroom....after using ones head to remove the paper towel holder from the wall, he tried to use the other ****** head to beat a hole in the concrete floor. An Amberlamps was dispatched to the skrewel to scrape up the poor bastid and rush him for emergency treatment.

In the conference i told ended up telling the principle "for a supposedly educated person, your pretty damn stupid! My son DEFENDED himself BOTH times. My son has come to YOU and every damn teacher in this hell hole for THREE YEARS! YOU people did NOTHING! In 3 years attending this dump, how many issues has my son caused??" He says "None. Your boy is one of our best behaved students we have." I said "thats correct, my son has had ZERO behavior issues. How about these useless little ******* that have been attacking him for 3 years?" then i hear "SIR, we do NOT use that word!" I say "You may not, but I do! I call it as i see it! NOW, how many problems have you had out of these little felons in training??"

Son went back to class. :D For some odd reason, all the little felons in training have given him a WIDE berth...and when he came across another getting bullied. He walked up and said "I suggest you leave him alone." ...they left the other kid alone IMMEDIATELY!

Moral of the story, the best cure for a bully is a mouth full of their own blood.

JD1969 09-27-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmj (Post 956466)

Moral of the story, the best cure for a bully is a mouth full of their own blood.

That is the truth right there!