Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > This is bugging me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Ladies and Gents- your concerns and empathy for the young folks are very touching- seriously. Yes, Kaleb is the party in question.

I have communicated with Kaleb- due to his VERY young age, it is contrary to regs to have him posting here. He has been invited to READ, and to ask questions of myself or any of the other mods. However, we have had to give him a few years "time out" to let him grow up some.

Kaleb is 10 years old.

When we DO have young members (you have to be at least 13) please DO remember you were a kid once- and that in a few years, the KID will be a VOTER.
Completely understood and absolutely true. Time, maturing, and willingness to learn and he can be taught all he wants i welcome it as well and i would actually enjoy (given the opportunity) doing so one on one in person i like doing that very much. At any rate, the time out probably pissed him off a bit... Hopefully that blows over he can understand the reason and still allow fellows to help him out if he is willing.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

By the time i was ten years old, i had a .22 bolt rifle, a h&r .410, and was picking out a Marlin model 60. My nephew had his first deer by that age (supervised). Of course, it was my family that taught me about firearms, not a interweb forum; i guess i understand that rule. It would be nice to have a "kiddie pool" area of the forum, but that might be a lot to ask of the staff.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #23

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray
I agree that we need to have patience with our young people here. We need to stress to them the importance of firearm responsibility and safety foremost, especially the ones that always refer to MW3 or other video games. In Call of Duty its all fun and games where you get to use cool guns and take out the bad guys,there is no real world safety responsibilities. We need to teach them that real firearms arent like the video games and require extreme attention, then teach them the fundamentals of firearms safety.
I completely agree with that

Old 04-07-2012, 01:55 AM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
it was my family that taught me about firearms, not a interweb forum; i guess i understand that rule. It would be nice to have a "kiddie pool" area of the forum, but that might be a lot to ask of the staff.
To a degree, I also think that is a good idea. Most members here are more then qualified to share their wealth of knowledge, especially when it comes to kids. I personally have gotten great information here when i was first teaching my son about firearms. I know for a fact that the more knowledgeable members would never steer anyone In the wrong direction.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"