Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > This is bugging me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 01:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 153 Times on 91 Posts

Default This is bugging me

So ive noticed that we have had a younger member join eariler this week and it seems to me that some people are being very short with him. Remeber he is a kid have some patience teach him something if you can, and i dont think him relating guns to mean adults is a good thing.
Thank you

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-06-2012, 01:47 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Plus 10000

Old 04-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #3

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

The last thing we should do is make young people feel unwelcomed here, we don't want to turn people away from the 2nd Amendment based on our behavior; that'd be playing in the hands of those who want to take that right away.

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Old 04-06-2012, 03:52 AM   #4

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

...and that is why I like this forum, and most gun owners in general.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 04-06-2012, 04:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
...and that is why I like this forum, and most gun owners in general.
Whys that??

Old 04-06-2012, 04:33 AM   #6

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

yep I agree, I like teaching the youth about guns but they have to have respect and the willing to learn. I don't know who you are talking about but by joining here I guess he's willing to learn so I say we teach what he needs to know within reason and help him like we do with all other members.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 04-06-2012, 04:39 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I agree that its good for him to be looking for advice and wanting to learn. My thought is.. because of his age, are we allowed to teach him without parental consent?
As most of you have read my thread earlier this week about teaching my niece and the issues I was having, the law states that you must have expressed consent from a parent or guardian. Does this stand for giving advice on the internet as well? Does his parents/guardian know that he is on this forum and do they consent?

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 04-06-2012, 04:53 AM   #8
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6746 Times on 4075 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

I think the person in question here is over the age of 18. But I think anyone joining here should be respectful of others as well.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:12 AM   #9

Its kaleb i just sent him a PM to see if he would come back but it said he is not recieving messages anymore hope he is okay

Old 04-06-2012, 05:26 AM   #10

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Is he the one who keeps posting kaleb mw3 every time he starts a thread? Yeah, if he's here to learn, lets teach him. Remember guys, he is a kid, so don't expect him to have a thick skin yet. Also, it looks like some of the knowledge/interest he has comes from call of duty, so go easy on him.