Budwiser Drinkers......does it bother you? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Budwiser Drinkers......does it bother you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 03:30 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I'm all buying American.But it's going to take a lot to not only get companies to move back home at some point but also to make a similar product that is near the same cost as an import.
I guess if we could get workers to accept 50 cents a day in wages with no retirement or benefits and work a ten to fourteen hour day, we could make products that were about the same cost as the imports.

If our government subsidized those industries with our tax monies, like Japan does their auto industry, we could probably be competitive on the export market, too.

Thing is, if we as Americans don't start right now to support American industry; it is going to die. Without small industry, our ability to tool up to fight a war in defense of ourselves is severely limited. Remember when a small manufacturer, Singer, made .45 pistols?

I try my best to buy American whenever I can, as I type this on my Indonesian made computer.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:24 PM   #12

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I would love to buy american products. I would even pay a little extra for them.

Just remember that toyota or and AB even though they are owned over seas then still support many families right here in the USA.

The days are over of being a self centered country that doesn't want ties to the rest of the world. We have to be involved in the world. The world is moving and has moved to a global economy. We have to ba a part of that like it or not.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:43 PM   #13

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Doesn't bother me at all that they sold the company.
I'll never buy it again.
Drink Whiskey.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #14

Liked 311 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 27

I havn't drank Butt-Wiper or Budwiser since 1988 anyhow. Been a Coors guy for quite awhile now.

Old 10-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I like Candian beer. I didn't say I necesarrily like Canadians (I do live right near the border) but I don't mind their beer. Rolling Rock and Honey Brown too.
I'm not a snob.

My home defense system? A Rottie and a shotty...

Old 10-09-2010, 06:25 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 233 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 499

I like bud but also like rolling rock and coors original(not that light crap!)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 10-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #17

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Beer is one of the industries that America is actually leading the world in. Yeah ok, Inbev owns Budweiser but if you look at craft beers, America actually has the respect of the world. Germany is the traditional beer capital of the world but America has trumped them in variety and quality... well unless you ask a German.

If were talking beer, buy the best, buy American.

Stone, Sierra Nevada, Dogfish Head, Troegs, Bell's, Flying Dog, 21st Amendment, Southern Tier, Weyerbacher, thats just naming a few. All of these are American and make some wonderful beers.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 10-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #18

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

OH NO I got a 6 pack of Killians IRISH Red. Just because all of the complaining in this thread. I enjoyed one with dinner nice smooth with a crisp finish.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:10 PM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8868 Times on 3841 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

Budweiser is great stuff. Cured my athlete's foot in 4 days. Better than Absorbine Jr.

What ? Oh, for God's sake- don't DRINK the stuff !

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:24 AM   #20

I don't drink much but when I do I like Newcastle Nut Brown Ale. I also like Michelob Amber Bock or, if I can find it, Michelob Honey Larger.