Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Buds Gun Shop (Shipping)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 01:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Buds Gun Shop (Shipping)

I ordered a CIA Uzi carbine from Buds on the morning of the 8-4-11. My order is still processing, they still have not shipped my UC-9. I bought my Mosin Nagant from Buds a couple months ago and the shipping time was 4 days.

I know on the their site it says 3-7 days to ship your gun but come on.
I bought a AR-15 and AK-47 from Cheaper Than Dirt and I had it at my FFL in 3 days. Buds gun prices a great that's why I have ordered my last 2 guns from them but i am beginning to think I should have gone through CTD or J&G.

It has been 4 days and they have not even shipped the gun. They drop ship 90% of their orders. What the hell can take so long. Maybe I am just being impatient. I do alot of business on-line and am just used to prompt shipping.
I called a representative today and was very polite in asking about my order status, unfortunately he was very rude and was no help.

Anybody else have any shipping problems with Buds?

J.W

Check out my Youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/1crimm

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-10-2011, 02:01 AM   #2

Liked 1416 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I have had several purchases through them. Not one issue.

You are the first member I've heard that has had trouble with them.

If their CS is poor, take your business elsewhere.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-10-2011, 02:14 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3636

Give em a telephone call, and find out whats going on.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:17 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
Give em a telephone call, and find out whats going on.
I called them this morning and the representative was kind of arrogant, and acted like it was a chore to tell me it should ship sometime or another.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:18 AM   #5
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2666 Times on 1552 Posts
Likes Given: 1184

Having the firearm in stock helps.
Bud's uses other dealers stock in their inventory. I get firearms in that were sold by Bud's, but I have to list other entities as senders.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I ordered a CZ from Buds not too long ago. The shipment was delayed, but after leaving them a note in their feedback they shipped it that week and upgraded the delivery to UPS Next Day Air Saver.

Impact was a little different. I had a Beretta on order from them. It took two months to ship even after saying it would within a week after ordering. They didn't say much more than that it will ship when it ships. They didn't upgrade the shipping either. Now I still buy at Impact, but because of this last experience I've been pushing more orders through Buds.

In any case, I concur with the post that says essentially, "Vote with your dollars."

Old 08-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #7

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Personally, I just don't think you can have it all. You can have 2 out of 3, which 2 do you want? (Fast Shipping, Great Customer Service, Lowest Prices).

Getting all 3 is extrememly rare and if there were a seller like that, we'd all be using them (like Amazon).

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 08-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5325 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 338

A lot of the interweb sellers dont have a storeroom full of firearms waiting for you to buy. They just have a web list of what their suppliers have. So when you buy from them you sometimes gotta wait cuz they dont have a real inventory.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
A lot of the interweb sellers dont have a storeroom full of firearms waiting for you to buy. They just have a web list of what their suppliers have. So when you buy from them you sometimes gotta wait cuz they dont have a real inventory.
I hear ya. I won't be using Buds ever again. CTD is a little more money but they ship their guns promptly with less shipping charges. I have nothing but good experiences with CTD. I just thought I would save a little money and get the same gun through Buds. That was a mistake.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #10

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
I hear ya. I won't be using Buds ever again. CTD is a little more money but they ship their guns promptly with less shipping charges. I have nothing but good experiences with CTD. I just thought I would save a little money and get the same gun through Buds. That was a mistake.
Personally, I like Bud's and will use them again. And guns ship free from Buds. (Shipping is included in the quoted price.)

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA