Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Bucket list:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I got most of my list done before breaking my back. Flying antique planes (still got to fly a DC-3), Skydiving (My favorite), Bear hunting (love that too & will continue), Scuba diving, 160 mph on a M/C, 5000 miles in 1 season on a mountain bike, Morocross & many more. Point being do them now & everyone can afford to skydive once. I was a freefall junky at least twice a week. Now I start my new list. Land speed record on a mobility scooter 125 mph+ & the list goes on. Work hard, Play hard & my life has no rearwiew mirror. Plan for the Future but Live for the Moment & be Thankful everyday! Sorry for the rant.

Last edited by flylo; 05-27-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 423 Times on 306 Posts
Likes Given: 137

All mine are hunting destinations:
1. Hunt cape buffalo in Africa,, most likely just too expensive.
2. Caribou in Quebec.
3. Moose hunt in Alaska.
2 an 3 are far more attainable, but I still remember the writer's words on the cape buffalo " They look at you like you owe them money" The stories from Rourke, O'Conner, Aagard and so many others, always filled my head with dreams of Africa.

Old 05-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1725 Times on 1246 Posts
Likes Given: 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazul42 View Post
All mine are hunting destinations:
1. Hunt cape buffalo in Africa,, most likely just too expensive.
2. Caribou in Quebec.
3. Moose hunt in Alaska.
2 an 3 are far more attainable, but I still remember the writer's words on the cape buffalo " They look at you like you owe them money" The stories from Rourke, O'Conner, Aagard and so many others, always filled my head with dreams of Africa.
Google hunting cape buff., also take note of people killed hunting said animal..............This one even the lions give a wide birth..........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

racer_x Likes This 
Old 05-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #24

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
Nothing too out there.
1) See Old Faithful spout.
2) See the Grand Canyon
3) See a whale breach
4) Be in Philadelphia on New Year's Day at the Mummer's Parade.
Now to do them before I run out of birthdays.
A very worthwhile list, Yellowstone and Old Faithful are wonderful. I've seen many Humpbacks breach, Maui in late summer and winter is guaranteed viewing. I was a Merchant Marine years ago. We were steaming up the the Hudson once with the sun rising at about 6AM in a 700' Freighter, the Statue of Liberty to our Port, Manhattan and the Twin Towers to our Starboard. At that moment, a Humpback breached dead ahead of us and came completely out of the water, about 20 yds away. Rare to see them in the Hudson and to launch like that (tail and all) is even more rare. An image I'll never forget.

.....And the Grand Canyon is incredible, go to the North Rim (as opposed to the South Rim), more spectacular, less people, lot's of hiking trails, easy drive from Las Vegas and as a bonus you can see Zion National Park a short drive away. At the North Rim consider staying in the cabins this lodge provides. The Lodge is parked on the edge of the canyon.

http://www.grandcanyonlodgenorth.com/
19.jpg   grand-canyon-lodge-north-rim.jpg   north-rim-0127.jpg   5572289336_6106118645_z.jpg   n-rim-lodge.jpg  

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 05-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #25

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

My list:

- See Sequoia National Forest
- Visit the 3 States I haven't been to yet, New Mexico, Vermont and Maine
- Take my wife to Europe (her bucket list)
- See the 9/11 site and new tower/memorial
- Take my sons on a fly-in fishing trip
- Visit Australia
- Own a Mercedes SL Roadster

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 05-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1725 Times on 1246 Posts
Likes Given: 1967

Wake up tomorrow morning, and watch the sunrise.............

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

racer_x Likes This 
Old 05-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #27

Liked 671 Times on 447 Posts
Likes Given: 676

Get a DeLorean.....

Old 05-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #28

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Oh I forgot a big one on the list, kill a Griz with my 450Marlin BFG revolver. I'm sure I forgot a couple more.

Old 05-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #29
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7660 Times on 4420 Posts
Likes Given: 9875

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
We're going to go shooting at Nexus and I warned him I have a million questions about firearms he can answer for me. I read things here and I'm not quite sure what they mean. I get explanations but I need to SEE what they're talking about. And I am going to shoot the snot out of The Canebrake 1911. I'm going to dirty that thing up something fierce.
Have him show you how to work on your GP100- maybe order this spring kit and have him show you how to install it- http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/performance-enhancing-kits/rgp-103-pro-spring-kit-for-ruger-gp-100-prod26249.aspx

Also have him show you how to work on your guns so you don't lose parts. A lot of that is in the technique you use.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #30

Liked 306 Times on 188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
I've taken my car 155 before topping it out and my motorcycle around 100. The car was fun as sh!t!! But I nearly pissed myself on the bike..
I've topped out my Cadillac at 140 & my bike around at 130, not too sure how fast my Charger will go but it'll probably a little over 140 mph. I did 160 on a friends ZX-6R about 10 years back but that's still a long ways from my goal

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch