Bucket list?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Bucket list?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default Bucket list?

I have never ridden an actual train .....well I have, but theme park roundy rounds dont count . IF any of yall have , what was the best bang for the buck ? Have any of yall done all 3 amtrack ,silerton /durango run ,super speed bullet ?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by powg View Post
I have never ridden an actual train .....well I have, but theme park roundy rounds dont count . IF any of yall have , what was the best bang for the buck ? Have any of yall done all 3 amtrack ,silerton /durango run ,super speed bullet ?
I rode a coal train one year when I was a kid. It went from somewhere around Dayton OH to Metemora IN (Christmas town). It was a blast but everything was covered in soot when we got there. Really cool though.

Metamora Indiana Christmas Tree Lighting - Bring in the Holiday Season in Metamora

Also took a train from Berlin to Pr-aha Czech Republic. That was pretty sweet as well.

Really, any train you take is going to be pretty cool. Country side, relaxing.

Last edited by cddbrowns; 07-27-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #3
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1902 Times on 1100 Posts
Likes Given: 3897

Last train I took was in Germany. Good food and beer! Easy to get around and cheaper than driving to the big cities.

Not counting the party train from Kaiserslautern to Munich!

Need to add to the Christmas Train, need snow:

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 07-27-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:19 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

Only time I road a train was in S Korea. Took a train from the Southern coast to Osan Ab.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #5

Last Christmas we took the kids on the polar express that went from Utica NY to Old Forge NY. It was like a 8 hour round trip through the Adirondak mountains. There were some amazing views!

Adirondack Scenic Railroad :: Utica Special Event Trains

We also did the Lake Placid to Saranak run.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Last edited by Gus556; 07-27-2011 at 04:39 PM.