briefs, boxers, or free bird? - Page 13
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

briefs, boxers, or free bird?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 12:31 AM   #121
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Vikingdad, I have not had a problem the 2 times I have ordered Carhartt pants from Amazon. Not sure how anyone could sell you seconds without telling you.
Yeah, I forget what it is that gave me thi impression the were seconds. I think the zipper seemed like it was misaligned (that may have been a different pair of Carhartts)? Or maybe the zipper cover would not stay in place so it looked like my fly was open all the time. I forget exactly. In any case the zipper did fail prematurely and I ended up getting rid of them before they were worn out. Come to think of it my Carhartt coat zipper is jacked up now too. It won't start right and jams.

I would be willing to try some Carhartt button fly jeans though. No damn zippers to fuss with. Now I just need the money to pay for them.....

Quote:
Now, while I liked women in Yoga Pants before 3 minutes ago, I have a whole new appreciation of them, to say the least........
I know, right?

Old 09-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #122
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1337 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

Did you know that for pretty short money, a tailor can replace zippers? Way cheaper than the pants. Hmmm, I don't know that I've ever seen a pair of button fly Carhartts.....

Old 09-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #123
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

OK. Here's the deal. I just got off of the phone with Carhartt. They only have ONE choice for button fly. That is the 1889 Relaxed Fit and it only comes in two shades of blue and is only available directly through Carhartt on their website. Retailers cannot even order them. They are only available at the full retail price of $60 a pair. Plus shipping no doubt.

http://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10101&productId=209361

Are you freaking kidding me? Levi's is the only freaking clothing company in the freaking WORLD that can successfully market button fly jeans? What the Hell Carhartt!?!? Levi's has been selling their 501 Button Fly jeans for 140 years. They even have a book on their damn button fly jeans (Seriously. I just found it. WTF? A book on your damn pants? And it costs almost as much as a pair of 501a! What the Hell? http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=23437526&&cp=3146842.3146854.3 194290 ).

Why the Hell can't Carhartt (or Wrangler for that matter) just step in and steal away a portion of the market? Seriously low-hanging fruit people!