Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Breaking News: Shooter on Navy Yard in DC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
This sh*t is why we who work on military bases, including us folk in uniform, should be allowed to CC if we have a permit to do so, while on the base.

Ft. Hood.... I mean come on....
To hell with CC on post everyone should be required to qualify with and carry an M9 in a dropleg style holster at all times.

Hope they get all 3 suspects preferably with a bullet no need to pay for them to sit in prison.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #82
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1666 Times on 916 Posts
Likes Given: 2446

Yep, there's more. The perp had an "anger fueled blackout" and shot up some vehicle tires.

Quote:
UOTE]Alexis was arrested in Fort Worth in 2010 for discharging a firearm in city limits, police records show. Alexis told police he had fired the gun accidentally when he was cleaning it, according to a police report filed with the Tarrant County Criminal District Attorney's Office. Charges were never filed.

Alexis was also arrested in Seattle in 2004, according to the Seattle Police Department, for "shooting out the tires of another man’s vehicle in what Alexis later described as an anger-fueled 'blackout.'"
[/QUOTE]

Old 09-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #83
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 765 Times on 401 Posts
Likes Given: 486

Who ran his background check? The Three Stooges?[/QUOTE]

He's a black contractor. So many have to be hired no matter what the background is. Just the way it is. Not trying to be racist but a large percentage has to be black. Most of these kind of shooters are white crazies. Was surprised he was black.

USMC 74-78

Old 09-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #84
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 765 Times on 401 Posts
Likes Given: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
With 4 years in the service and 4 years under contract for the DOD...I have a clue.
There aren't many a bases or military complexes you can't get on as long as you have been checked out. If you think I can't get a clearance then shoot up a place your sadly very wrong. Most people could. Just the way it is. Shouldn't have to worry about this type of problem if America had the morals of 30-300 years ago. Now the communists (democrat) have every thing all screwed up.

And if you have the experience you say then you know I'm right. Shame on our own soil this crap happens. That we can agree on.

USMC 74-78

Old 09-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #85
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2910 Times on 1715 Posts

Free advice for all you gun free zone zone supporters.
Take it and shove it right up you a$$.
If you see me there, I'm packing. Got a problem with it. Take it up with whatever caliber I'm carrying.
There are two kinds of people. Gun owners and victims. Feel free to bet your life on which one I am.

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 09-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #86
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 787 Times on 479 Posts
Likes Given: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller

Who ran his background check? The Three Stooges?
He's a black contractor. So many have to be hired no matter what the background is. Just the way it is. Not trying to be racist but a large percentage has to be black. Most of these kind of shooters are white crazies. Was surprised he was black.[/QUOTE]

I, too was surprised...in a John Lee Malvo kinda way.....

Good time to stop and remember the pitfalls of assumption....
Not all serial killers are white...or male!
Not all poor folks put themselves there...
Not all rich folks put themselves there...
Not all folks receiving Gov aid are black...
Not all terrorists are Muslim...
Not all radicals are Muslim...
Not all gun owners are republican...
Not all racism is white on black...
Not all Texans deserve that status!

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

People Like This 
Old 09-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #87
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 891 Times on 532 Posts
Likes Given: 290

The reason I say base security is a joke is because I have gotten through by flashing the wrong id before. When a vanpool of people enter only 1 needs an id.

I dont fault the personnel for the most part, some are far to complacent. The policy and the system in general are to fault. Either do security the right way or be lax but pretending everything is high security when there are gapping holes is stupid it only impedes people following the rules that dont stop anyone.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 09-16-2013, 10:39 PM   #88
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3601 Times on 2243 Posts
Likes Given: 1216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
That's quite an assumption you make. Because, I feel 'security' can and should be better, you see it as an attack on 'Base Security'. Any entity involved that have influence and make decisions regarding security should be doing a better job. You also assume, I'm somehow against CCW in these cases, because I think security at military installations is lacking
I'm not assuming anything about you.

I'm making generalities and simply stating my position that questioning the base security in a situation such as this is foolish.

Always have clean socks.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #89
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1353 Times on 1027 Posts
Likes Given: 1764

Default In your face..................

The know it alls let a car driven by what they thought was a turn key in Afsewerstan. The SOB blew the hell out of the know it alls because they were to stupid to follow thier own rules.............A wise old Owl once said, I'm alive and your dead, because you were to stupid to have eyes behind your head...............

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 09-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #90

Liked 740 Times on 434 Posts
Likes Given: 958

When my youngest Brother was (ABGD) stationed at WPAFB in Dayton, Oh i would sometimes go up and visit him . I noticed on weekday mornings, gate security would just wave in anybody that had a military sticker on their car to keep the line moving. But if you came in after the morning rush they would stop you to check IDs of everybody in the vehicle...I bet the shooter had a sticker due to being in the reserves, And timed it right.

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Sniper03 Likes This