Breaking News: Shooter on Navy Yard in DC - Page 13
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Breaking News: Shooter on Navy Yard in DC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #121
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2616 Times on 1442 Posts
Likes Given: 4145

Yep, it gets much worse. First the US Navy failed to pick up on the fact the perp went nutzoid and shot up a car before his enlistment in the service. Then the security clearance background investigation failed to pick up on this same fact or the Navy gave him a pass.

The US Navy threw the perp out because of behavorial problems but allowed him to keep his security clearance. That security clearance allowed the perp to work for a subcontractor on a Navy contract.

This guy was a fruitcake extraordinaire. He was being treated by the VA for serious mental problems:

Quote:
U.S. law enforcement officials told The Associated Press that Alexis had been suffering a host of serious mental issues, including paranoia and a sleep disorder. He also had been hearing voices in his head, the officials said. Alexis had been treated since August by the Veterans Administration for his mental problems, the officials said. They spoke on condition of anonymity because the criminal investigation in the case was continuing.

The Navy had not declared him mentally unfit, which would have rescinded a security clearance Alexis had from his earlier time in the Navy Reserves.
http://news.yahoo.com/contract-worker-behind-navy-yard-shooting-rampage-111847531.html
Sniper03 Likes This 
Old 09-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #122
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3356 Times on 2028 Posts
Likes Given: 3184

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Take a close look a the weapon listed.

I gotta get me one of those!

Attachment 118809
And remember, it's one of those "civilian models"...

that feature a 3 round burst...

of 12 gauge slugs...
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #123
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Well that kills the mandatory background check requirements the White House and Bloomy want enacted.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #124
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
Well that kills the mandatory background check requirements the White House and Bloomy want enacted.
Those are only for white folk who want a gun...
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #125
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1089 Times on 580 Posts

So Joe Biden was correct, a double barrel shotgun is all you need... to get a better gun!

Actually the reports may be correct about three round burst, if he did acquire the military rifle after entry. You can bet the media will still spin this.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #126
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
So Joe Biden was correct, a double barrel shotgun is all you need... to get a better gun!

Actually the reports may be correct about three round burst, if he did acquire the military rifle after entry. You can bet the media will still spin this.
But... but... they already reported it as the "civilian model"... They can't say it if it isn't true, right? See, if it was the military model, it would be full auto and this one only shoots 3 round bursts...

Old 09-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #127

Liked 843 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 1744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
And remember, it's one of those "civilian models"...

that feature a 3 round burst...

of 12 gauge slugs...
DAMN!!... I gotta get one of those!!
You'll always notice how news reports and gun legislation is always done by persons who don't have a freekin clue about the subject they claim to have knowledge on!!

Old 09-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #128
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
After posting about why I retired, and only going back with a beer in one hand and an Ak 47 in the other, I got a call from washington................. How long before I get the 4 am wake up call..........Course I'm up before that..........lol
Well, I never answer the phone any how. Being hard of hearing and down right ornery and don't give a chit............Heres the phone # from washington.................1-206-777-1016..............

Old 09-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #129
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6823 Times on 3626 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post

Gun Free Zones simply do not work.
Wrong.

They are working exactly as intended. They are intended to concentrate a large group of completely defenseless people for slaughter. The thinking of gun grabbers is to not antagonize a criminal so they don't get upset and kill more people. That's why the anti self defense types always say to never fight back it just makes the criminal angry.

That's their logic.

As we have seen in incident after incident gun free zones do nothing but ensure extremely high body counts ripe for media print.

Thats why clinton removed all ccw from government and military bases.

A citizen or non-security/police person taking out a shooter or criminal type does not help the cause of gun control. Gun free zones are not about safety but solely for promoting a political agenda of disarmament. If someone is armed they don't need an all intrusive government to protect them.

Gun control is all about ensuring that any incident creates the highest amount of dead bodies as possible. It is not solely a democrat issue. Ronald Reagen was a HUGE supporter of gun control and over reaching government control. Mitt romney, john mccain and both bush's were either supporters of gun control or indifferent to the status quo. None of the presidents in the last 50 years or more were on the side of the people to arm and fight back against crime.

Simple as that.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
People Like This 
Old 09-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #130
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default The barrier...................

When you see a government that takes away the peoples right for protection, wether it be bad guy or in a lot of cases today, the gubment they live under, Lets just reserect Hitler, Stalin, Mao, The list goes on. The sheeples in Palistine are fighting for arms by throwing rocks and bricks against a corrupt gov............You would be better off with no Gov. and lots of guns and ammo to feed and protect you and yours. Another man that Society let slip thru thier fingers, But then again, this was the type if he was white, Hitler would have in Charge de fares..................