Break in? Retreat? - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Break in? Retreat?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 281 Times on 202 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If the person was already in my house there is no reason to ask questions. I hope I never have to defend my families life with a firearm but thats why I try to go to the range every Sunday.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #12
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7104 Times on 3887 Posts
Likes Given: 14354

The resident became the aggressor when he followed the retreating invader outside and attacked him. I understand why the officer arrested him. No jury will convict him. Did the district attorney pursue the charge?

Old 10-27-2013, 02:05 PM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
The resident became the aggressor when he followed the retreating invader outside and attacked him. I understand why the officer arrested him. No jury will convict him. Did the district attorney pursue the charge?
the way i read it, and unless i'm mistaken, they were on the balcony when they were scuffling. the "intruder" came up the balcony and broke out a window? not for sure. but IMO, the officer is totally wrong.

with a good attorney, i see the officer looking for new job. it really sounds like unlawful arrest and i would be suprised if the DA pursues it any further.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #14

Liked 281 Times on 202 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

the way i read it, and unless i'm mistaken, they were on the balcony when they were scuffling. the "intruder" came up the balcony and broke out a window? not for sure. but IMO, the officer is totally wrong.

with a good attorney, i see the officer looking for new job. it really sounds like unlawful arrest and i would be suprised if the DA pursues it any further.
Thats the way I read it also. The guy climbed to the second story balcony and broke a window to gain access to the apartment.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk View Post
Thats the way I read it also. The guy climbed to the second story balcony and broke a window to gain access to the apartment.
unless i read it wrong, or misunderstood or they worded it wrong that was what i gathered as well.

person breaking my window out, and enters my home, well,,,,,,,i'll let people draw their own conclusions on that one.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #16

Liked 32 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

I don't know if the DA is pursuing it, I hope not. To reiterate - the balconies are private. Accessible only from the inside of the apartments (unless you climb the side of the building).

Old 10-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjleal View Post
I don't know if the DA is pursuing it, I hope not. To reiterate - the balconies are private. Accessible only from the inside of the apartments (unless you climb the side of the building).
then the officer is still wrong, as it means the intruder had broken and the resident had retreated as far as he could go if they were scuffling on the balcony.