Bragging about my wife and CCW - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Bragging about my wife and CCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2011, 01:39 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4760 Times on 2373 Posts
Likes Given: 1145

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrower View Post
I didn't say I had a gun. I said my wife and I had concealed carry licenses. That's the question I'm asking. Is saying you have a CCW license the same as saying you have a concealed gun?

Sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk
I gotcha on that. The point I'm making is, what if the guy had been upset at your mentioning that, what if he'd been rabidly anti-gun, or even just simply misinterpreted what you meant? What I'm saying, is he could've said to security that you DID have a gun.

I'm not knocking what you did at all, I'm just posing hypothetical, "what-if's".

Old 12-25-2011, 03:29 AM   #12
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrower View Post
I'm normally very discreet about the fact that my wife and I both have CCW permits, and that we both carry. Last night however, we were buying a couple Tempurpedic pillows at a furniture store, and the guy kept hassling us about giving a phone number and email address. I told him I would walk out of the store before I freely gave that information. After a somewhat heated discussion, he got the manager, who was more than happy to NOT require us to give out that information. (we spent $300 on two pillows)

When the transaction was completed, the salesman (jokingly) said all he needed was a blood sample, and we could leave with the pillows. My reply (jokingly) was that he should be careful because my wife and I both had concealed carry permits. I did not say we were packing, just that we had permits. I live in Missouri. I started to wonder if stating that you had a CCW would be similar to brandishing a weapon. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk
Personally I would have asked for the manager again, cancelled the transaction and walked out. Actually I would have walked out earlier before the transaction had been completed. I do not tolerate high pressure sales tactics at all. I honestly don't see the logic in mentioning the permits at all. And seriously, $300 for pillows? I looked just now and online they are $100 each (! $100 for a freaking pillow?)

Old 12-25-2011, 03:35 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Yeah my pillow cost 5 bucks at walmart. I've used a temperpedic before, and they're the nicest ones out there as far as I know, but I don't have one because of the price.

OP, I salute your refined tastes and your means to get what you want!