Boy bullied for "My little pony" bag. Thoughts?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Boy bullied for "My little pony" bag. Thoughts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 08:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 373 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Default Boy bullied for "My little pony" bag. Thoughts?

Just wanted your thoughts on this. I don't see a problem with it either way. Freedom of Speech is just important as the second amendment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dSUKqN63jKk

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
Axxe55 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-17-2014, 09:06 PM   #2

Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." e. e. cummings

"I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death." Leonardo da Vinci

Brave kid. I hope he's not killed before he gets to grow up.

(I hope he's not killed after he grows up either.)

Last edited by Vincine; 03-17-2014 at 09:33 PM.
People Like This 
Old 03-17-2014, 09:13 PM   #3

Liked 462 Times on 296 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

ive told my son if you choose to be diffrent then be ready to fight for your beliefs,that is the world we live.
People Like This 
Old 03-17-2014, 09:28 PM   #4

Liked 2155 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 1393

I know this will offend some here. But I believe men should be men and women should be women. Little boys should be taught to be little men. And little girls should be taught to be little ladies. Moms that let their little boys act like little girls are a big part of the problem. Absent fathers are an even bigger problem.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
People Like This 
Old 03-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #5

Liked 462 Times on 296 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I know this will offend some here. But I believe men should be men and women should be women. Little boys should be taught to be little men. And little girls should be taught to be little ladies. Moms that let their little boys act like little girls are a big part of the problem. Absent fathers are an even bigger problem.
^^^if someone is offended by this they need there head checked.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:10 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10715 Times on 4638 Posts
Likes Given: 1739

1. School needs to deal with the bullies
2. The Kid needs to (BE ALLOWED) to deal with the bullies if they don't.

A rock in a sock can square some folks away. BTW, the whole MLP thing has a number of healthy MALE followers.

This is next to "you need to stop bringing lunch money to school. That way you won't get mugged in the hallway for your lunch money."
People Like This 
Old 03-17-2014, 10:11 PM   #7

Liked 641 Times on 382 Posts
Likes Given: 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post

Very well said!!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 03-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #8
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1465 Times on 772 Posts
Likes Given: 634

While I can see the reasoning behind complying and practicing a "go along to get along" policy, this is strangely reminiscent of our gun problem. The BACKPACK (gun) is not the problem, the BULLYING (criminal behavior) is the problem. The school needs to get its students under control, and if not, then not punish (under Zero Tolerance Policy) the kid with the backpack if he does it himself.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)
People Like This 
Old 03-17-2014, 10:40 PM   #9

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
1. School needs to deal with the bullies
2. The Kid needs to (BE ALLOWED) to deal with the bullies if they don't.

A rock in a sock can square some folks away. BTW, the whole MLP thing has a number of healthy MALE followers.

This is next to "you need to stop bringing lunch money to school. That way you won't get mugged in the hallway for your lunch money."
Reminds me of my sister's father in law asking me why I own possessions that people can steal from me.

I'm one of the healthy male MLP fans. I do not sexually fantasize about the little girls that watch the show. I do not masturbate to the show. Yes, I'm being blunt about this because I hear the whispers and the rumors and the stereotypes.

My son also watches the show when he is able to (not owning a TV severely restricts TV time, believe it or not). He is anything BUT a little girl, no more so than I am. I've asked him why he likes it, and his answer was as simple as mine: It's entertaining. It has story lines and plot twists.

Have you SEEN the shows that are geared towards little boys these days? Most of them I simply wouldn't let my son watch, they have absolutely no value whatsoever other than loud noise and flashing lights. Ninjago is a pretty decent boy's show. My son watches it with my niece occasionally.

As far as this little boy carrying a MLP bag to school... hey, maybe that wasn't exactly the best idea if he wants to be "one of the guys". But how about, instead of drawing a hard line on, "this is how boys act, this is how girls act. This is what boys are allowed to like, this is what girls are allowed to like." Why can't we teach our children to not be ass holes to one another? Hmm? Or maybe you want your wife barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen, making sandwiches?

What about your daughter? Want her to be restricted in her dreams and aspirations because they aren't "Ladylike"? Whatever. I'm the son of a Woman Coal Miner who's a black belt in shotokan who I've seen beat the ever loving hell out of a man twice her size when he tried to push her around. I dated and was engaged to (for a while) a pretty bad ass female diesel mechanic. I'm a Marine combat veteran who has a knitting project: a rainbow scarf and sweater for my niece, and one of my life goals is to create the most bad ass rose gardens anyone's ever seen.

My son watches the show and wants to be a weapons or aircraft designer. At least, that's his dream at 8 years old. Considering he's built functional spring loaded lego guns (from legos, and firing legos) at the ripe old age of 6, I don't think that's such a far fetched dream. He goes ape over military museums, wears camo, and loves to help the neighbor butcher wild game, and can detail strip my 1911 as well as I can (after I remove the recoil spring plug, his fingers just aren't strong enough).

Again, I say... why teach our children to conform to the standards expected? Why not teach them to change the standard? Instead of teaching our kids that little boys don't carry a MLP backpack... let's teach them not to be a ****ing douche about it.

FAIL. On the part of the bully's parents. NOT the parent of the bullied.

For the record, my son carries a camo back pack. And he has pink pencils. For the very simple and logical reasoning, "so no one will steal them... except girls, and that's okay, I like girls."
People Like This 
Old 03-17-2014, 11:01 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Why be normal, as long as you can defend yourself?

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/four-little-ponies-of-the-apocalypse
Trip, your kid needs this shirt.