Boston Bombers Shootout - Would you take the shot?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Boston Bombers Shootout - Would you take the shot?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Default Boston Bombers Shootout - Would you take the shot?

If you had the opportunity to stop the Boston bombing suspects engaged in a shootout outside your home's window, would you take the shot? Look at the information here and let me know what you think...

http://texasgopvote.com/issues/restore-families/boston-bombers-shootout-would-you-take-shot-005397

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22397 Times on 12494 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPNovum View Post
If you had the opportunity to stop the Boston bombing suspects engaged in a shootout outside your home's window, would you take the shot? Look at the information here and let me know what you think...

http://texasgopvote.com/issues/restore-families/boston-bombers-shootout-would-you-take-shot-005397
nope. taking a shot like that as a civilian would probably end up getting you arrested for murder no matter the crimes he may have committed.

makes for a good movie plot though.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 365 Times on 232 Posts
Likes Given: 2

In all honesty, I'd like to say "of course I would shoot at the suspects, you'd have to be stupid not to", but I can't. As much as I'd want to try and help out, I'd of thought about it and feel like I'd get in way more trouble then it'd be worth.

Since I only one two centre fires, one is an SKS and the other is a 770 in .243, neither one would be deemed "reasonable" to use by those who don't believe in guns. The 770 would get me I trouble because its a hunting rifle thus shouldn't be used for anything else. The SKS, though built for war, would be yet again some how deemed to much for a two legged target.

There's also the fact that the Canadian government doesn't really seem to like when people defend them selfs very much. In other words, if the media didn't make me look like some crazed nut job just waiting for a chance to shoot at someone, the government would still get me.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6580 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
nope. taking a shot like that as a civilian would probably end up getting you arrested for murder no matter the crimes he may have committed.

makes for a good movie plot though.
In Boston, that's probably exactly what would happen. Here in Texas, well, remember the UT Tower shooting?

I could see the police here appreciating some help IF they do not have control of the situation themselves, or are in very immanent danger.

This is a PERFECT example. The police were in trouble, and a civilian took action that saved lives.

http://deadlinelive.info/2012/08/07/armed-citizen-in-tx-stops-shooting-spree-and-saves-cop-by-making-150-yard-shot-with-a-pistol/

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 04-27-2013 at 05:49 PM.
People Like This 
Old 04-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 365 Times on 232 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

In Boston, that's probably exactly what would happen. Here in Texas, well, remember the UT Tower shooting?

I could see the police here appreciating some help IF they do not have control of the situation themselves, or are in very immanent danger.

This is a PERFECT example. The police were in trouble, and a civilian took action that saved lives.

http://deadlinelive.info/2012/08/07/armed-citizen-in-tx-stops-shooting-spree-and-saves-cop-by-making-150-yard-shot-with-a-pistol/
Part of that storey has me confused. The shooter had an AR-15 (least that's what I got), the officer also has an AR-15.....but some how the cop was out gunned? To me that seems like an equal match up as far as rifles go.
Not saying any thing negative at all, just curious as to wether anyone else got that from reading the article.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #6

Liked 602 Times on 377 Posts
Likes Given: 4

The police wouldn't know yours was friendly fire, they'd likely open up on your position too. Unless the perps had a gun to the head of a LEO or citizen and intended to shoot, I stay right out of it.
People Like This 
Old 04-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3869 Times on 2307 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

I would stay out of it unless they came into my house. If they see I am in the gun fight, they would realize the home owner is armed. If I engaged outside of the house, the cops would not know who I am our my motives.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #8

Liked 1143 Times on 890 Posts

innocent until proven guilty my friend.
unless you were threatened with no escape, no.
and besides, its boston. guns arent allowed in boston! youd go to jail.
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/8th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-7-8-9-2016-a-118694/#post1778284
People Like This 
Old 04-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6580 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
Part of that storey has me confused. The shooter had an AR-15 (least that's what I got), the officer also has an AR-15.....but some how the cop was out gunned? To me that seems like an equal match up as far as rifles go.
Not saying any thing negative at all, just curious as to wether anyone else got that from reading the article.
Not sure what the shooter had. If it was an AR, then the officer was not out gunned. The shooter did have an advantage over the officer due to their positions though.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #10

Liked 1397 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

I don't know anything about Boston, but if that was happening in front of me here in Alberta, the terrorist/shooter is going in the ground. I believe in community policing.....we are all on the same team. At that range, I can put a bullet into his ear 10 times out of 10. We'll sort out the legal stuff later. Besides the obvious reasons, I have the rest of my life where I'd like to be able to sleep at night.

I'd trust the cops to have 1/2 a brain.

Last edited by Rocky7; 04-27-2013 at 07:15 PM.