Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Border Patrol agent killed by 'smugglers'

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 05:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
I neither watch TV nor play video games, thanks. Believe whatever you need to to help you sleep at night. But no amount of goofy comments from you will change the fact that the primary reason we do not have secure borders is the refusal of our government to make them secure. Those in government who have taken an oath to protect, preserve and defend the Constitution have broken their oaths by this inaction.
That is true but you dismiss the fact, even endorse the policy, of our military being killed to secure the borders of other sovereign nations when they are perfectly capable of doing so themselves. You may even get out from in front of Fox News if somebody invaded the United States - I stress "may".

Member GCO

Old 01-21-2008, 06:42 PM   #12

"To defend against all enemies foreign and domestic" This should be something our own military is doing, if someone kills a border patrol agent they are my enemy. The US is probably spreading our military a little thin, but I agree the government won't give the final order to go ahead either. The government has put our military in situations shorthanded before. Why wouldn't they do it now?

Proud NRA member

Last edited by MarkoPo; 01-21-2008 at 06:46 PM.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:58 PM   #13
bkt

Liked 1304 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
That is true but you dismiss the fact, even endorse the policy, of our military being killed to secure the borders of other sovereign nations when they are perfectly capable of doing so themselves. You may even get out from in front of Fox News if somebody invaded the United States - I stress "may".
How are your perceptions of my views on foreign wars germane to this thread?

They're not.

Bottom line: we can defend our borders if we choose to. Those whose job it is to protect our borders are not. Where does that leave you and me?

Answer: In the ****ter.

What do we do to fix a really broken government?

Answer: (you fill this one in)