Books
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Books

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 03:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Books

so the other day i was at a book store and noticed they carried a few training and other kinds of books for firearms. i flipped throu a few of them but didnt buy any. i also saw one on glocks. i cant remember the name of it but i remember it was VOL. 2.

I guess what i'm getting to is. have any of you picked up books as these and they helped or just make for a good informative read?

i am thinking about picking a few of them up but dont want to waste my money if its junk. i am planning on taking classes but knowledge never hurt anyone.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-09-2009, 04:17 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I have found the "Gun Digest" Firearms Assembly & Disassembly Manuals extremely helpful. I have them for centerfire rifle, shotgun, semiautomatic pistols and revolvers. They cost around $25.-$30. each and are well worth having.

I also have Stephen Camp's most excellent Hi Power manual.

I don't have, but would really like to have Jerry Kunhausen's 1911 manuals someday as well.

In the interim, a good buddy of mine is an "advanced tinkerer" and is available for help and the internet has been invaluable.

I've rebuilt two rifles, an M1 carbine and a Marlin 1895SS, done a trigger job on a Ruger GP100, and am rebuilding and refinishing a S&W model 37 right now.

I've also done simple stuff like change out recoil springs, sights and other parts as well.

The hardest part is doing the first one. After that, confidence builds and stuff makes more sense as you get into it.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Last edited by CA357; 06-09-2009 at 02:53 PM.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:36 AM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I read from as many different firearms related magazines and books as possible. It's very informative to see different viewpoints and theories, and I think taking many different theories and adapting them to your own situations and lifestyle is the best thing anybody can do.

Firearms magazines are a great source of information. Don't take the article author's words as law, though. Some of these magazines can be very opinionated, so keep that in mind. A big plus is magazines are cheap when you purchase a subscription, and there is usually many different topics you can choose from (rifles, handguns, tactical, hunting, reloading, etc, etc...).

Old 06-09-2009, 06:19 AM   #4

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

One good "tactical" book I've heard of is "Green Eyes and Black Rifles". I haven't had a chance to find it though, but its been recomended to me by more than a few bad asses.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory