BOLO Missing Persons thread - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > BOLO Missing Persons thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 02:21 PM   #21
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Over the last several years,FTF has had some swinging doors on it's core membership. We lost a big group of outstanding supporting members a couple years ago,and this place hasn't been the same since.
And then Dillinger left,and that was to me,one of the biggest loses to this entire forum.

I know I'm not interested in FTF anywhere near what I used to be,it just doesn't have the same feeling around here anymore.
I'm not going to get into this too much, but there's more than meets the eye. We are now accepting of other people and thoughts, and not a one minded juggernaut hell bent on squashing all other opinions. I'm very happy with where the community is at now, and we have grown as a consequence.

The loss was due to inter personal issue established by clicks that had formed, and I think of that time along the lines of the Sengoku era if you study Japanese history at all. A warring states period where factions where at odds with one another, and though that happens still, it's very minimal.

That being said I am grateful to all members who have decided to join and participate. The ends, the endings, don't do away with that appreciation.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

People Like This 
Old 07-31-2013, 02:22 PM   #22

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

If I were a gambling man, I'd bet money that's my dad's old boat.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:12 PM   #23

Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Downsouth gave up on social media in general. Got tired of the hatred I guess. I'm still in touch with him. Jstrong still drops in occasionally too.

Why do I feel like I've mentioned that just recently? Weird sense of deja vu....
Oh I'm still here lurking watching the discussions semi daily,it's just taken more to coax input from me lately
Old 07-31-2013, 10:37 PM   #24
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7007 Times on 4214 Posts
Likes Given: 8433

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Has anybody here seen my old friend BigByrd? What about Vincene?
I PM'd Vincine a few weeks ago. I never got a reply. I liked her point of views and sense of humour. I hope she returns soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
"Dango is gone." That was posted on another thread. No sugar coat, just BANG! Broke my heart.
It broke my heart, too. But his account was hacked. I believe he's free to return if he can keep others off his account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
what about Canebrake? kind of missing the guy.
I've been desperately trying to reach Canebrake with no luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgodd View Post
Where is Kalashnikovjosh?
He's gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
This forum and these people are truly my home.
Mine, too. You wouldn't believe the change in me since joining this forum. I've made many friends and have had my eyes open to many new ideas. This forum has helped me grow, evolve and broaden my horizons. And for that, I am eternally grateful.
People Like This 
Old 07-31-2013, 10:43 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 659 Times on 308 Posts
Likes Given: 379

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
…. This forum has helped me grow, evolve and broaden my horizons. And for that, I am eternally grateful.

^^^^^
This says it for me!
Old 07-31-2013, 10:53 PM   #26

Liked 1115 Times on 583 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
I'm not going to get into this too much, but there's more than meets the eye. We are now accepting of other people and thoughts, and not a one minded juggernaut hell bent on squashing all other opinions. I'm very happy with where the community is at now, and we have grown as a consequence.

The loss was due to inter personal issue established by clicks that had formed, and I think of that time along the lines of the Sengoku era if you study Japanese history at all. A warring states period where factions where at odds with one another, and though that happens still, it's very minimal.

That being said I am grateful to all members who have decided to join and participate. The ends, the endings, don't do away with that appreciation.
For several years I ran a motorcycle forum on Delphi (technically it's still there, but only as a way to keep in touch with regulars who were friends). At it's peak we averaged over 500 posts a day. It was a "free speech" forum, where argument and dissent were encouraged; however personal attacks and racial remarks were not allowed.

Gradually a faction developed who were vocal and disruptive, and who tried to discourage those who had differing opinions. The final straw was the 2008 election, when this group kept making racial remarks about Obama. Now, anyone was free to criticize his opinions, his policy, his agenda, but these were personal and racial comments. "N" word type of stuff. Finally I got tired of it, and after six years shut the forum down for several months.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:19 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1684 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1272

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36

I just touched base with downsouth. He sent this response:

Hey ellis good hearing from you.

Mostly I just got tired of social media. Deleted facebook found myself not too interested in posting on ftf. After 4500+ post in a year I guess all who care know my views on things and trying to convince people of anything grows less important in my life all the time.

The wife and I bought a used boat a few months back and have taken up crappie fishing at Sardis do interest have changed also. We are starting to catch fish pretty good.

I often wonder how the folks at ftf are doing, I hope well. I guess I got tired of writing and reading about life on this device and are more interested in living life while I can. At 53 who knows how long that could be.

Tell all I said hello and they will probably hear from me when the crappie stop biting. I will forward some pics.

Thanks for checking in on me and feel free to post any or all of this email on the thread. ds
I assume by Sardis he is talking about near Clayton OK????

Old 07-31-2013, 11:35 PM   #28

Likely he means Sardis Mississippi. Just a little over an hour south of Memphis.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1684 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1272

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Likely he means Sardis Mississippi. Just a little over an hour south of Memphis.
10 4. Theres a Sardis lake just out of Clayton Ok.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:08 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt View Post

10 4. Theres a Sardis lake just out of Clayton Ok.
There's a town of Sardis Mississippi, and Sardis lake right outside of town. The lake is pretty big, pretty clear, great fishing too. Only downside, it can get really rough. Just because of the surrounding geography or something I guess. It can go from glass smooth, to white capped waves several feet tall in seconds.

Closed Thread