body armor - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > body armor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #41
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3374 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512

What made you think a vest that was only rated to stop low powered handgun ammunition would stop a high velocity steel core rifle bullet?
I didn't THINK anything, It was a Present from a Dad who wanted to give his son an extra advantage. Actually what saved my life that day was the round "Bouncing" off a "Gold" half dollar from Israel I used as a book mark in my copy of the Talmud....
My Father never forgave himself for not buying me the IIIA vest,..but money was tight back home then...
He went to his grave thinking he failed me and I went to his funeral thinking I failed him by not going to West Point..

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1267 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 546

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
I didn't THINK anything, It was a Present from a Dad who wanted to give his son an extra advantage. Actually what saved my life that day was the round "Bouncing" off a "Gold" half dollar from Israel I used as a book mark in my copy of the Talmud....
My Father never forgave himself for not buying me the IIIA vest,..but money was tight back home then...
He went to his grave thinking he failed me and I went to his funeral thinking I failed him by not going to West Point..
Well, either way I'm glad you're still with us.

That's one expensive bookmark, but it did save your place.

All this time I thought gold was just a really heavy and overpriced metal.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:26 AM   #43
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3374 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512

Well, either way I'm glad you're still with us.

That's one expensive bookmark, but it did save your place.

All this time I thought gold was just a really heavy and overpriced metal.
Glad to still be here...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...