Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Boat owners

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2011, 02:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 855 Times on 620 Posts
Likes Given: 480

Default Boat owners

Hey guys , Just wanted to let ya'll know that if you need any thing marine related just let me know . I own a marine repair shop and mobile service here in Nc just outside of Raleigh . If you need step by step winterization guide I can walk you thru . I typically sell big ticket items like fish finders and trolling motors at my cost since they are over priced to begin with and I like to help the fellow poor man out . If you have any issues with your boat engine message me before you take it in and I can tell you the real amount of time it should take for repair as well as what the parts should run , I have worked with a few big shops and your paranoia is not far fetched .
I am very popular in my area for cutting breaks and helping folks out I take book time , ball it up and throw it out . I know it sounds crazy selling bigger items at cost but I win either way , the more I spend with my wholesale people the better price tiers I get . And if your local and get me to install i make my money on labor . If your a member of Firearms talk and live in the central nc area or lake gaston va hit me up and Ill cut ya a break . If you live elsewhere in this great nation just hit me up with your problem . http://www.theboatmonkey.com

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Last edited by MobileMarine; 09-16-2011 at 02:42 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-16-2011, 04:35 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Cool. If I had a boat and a problem I'd be bugging the snot out of you.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:49 AM   #3

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

How about a boat that has no steering or motor controls (cut with a bolt cutter by a would be thief), 2 stroke motor that was fogged but hasn't run in 8 years and electrics that have been torn out because the hull was a swimming pool for mosquito spawn!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:13 PM   #4

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Anyone know the two happiest days in a boat owners life?

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 09-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #5

Quote:
How about a boat that has no steering or motor controls (cut with a bolt cutter by a would be thief), 2 stroke motor that was fogged but hasn't run in 8 years and electrics that have been torn out because the hull was a swimming pool for mosquito spawn!
Sounds like some of the mess a few of my customers buy with good intentions .

Quote:
Anyone know the two happiest days in a boat owners life?
They day they buy it and the day the realized they have full coverage on it .
Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #6

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
They day they buy it and the day the realized they have full coverage on it .
Touche salesman

But seriously, I do miss having a boat. My dad sold it when my sister and I both moved out of the house.

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 09-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #7

Liked 1340 Times on 887 Posts
Likes Given: 656

"The best boat to have is somebody else's."

Old 09-17-2011, 12:43 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 514 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Boat - hole in the water into which you throw money... lots and lots of money

Old 09-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #9

B = bring
O= out
A = another
T- thousand

I own 1 21ft center console that gets less than 1mpg and needs a small nuclear reactor to power the electronics so it sits
Have another 21ft citaition for a work boat and a small bass boat with a big trolling motor on the front that stays in the rock quarry and I use it more than any other one I own . It takes no gas , no up keep , gas fuel to pull it just bring bait and untie it , although the front fishing seat has a bolt that is too long and it pokes in my ass the whole time fishing , it is by far my favorite.

Boats are not that bad , if the customer has me look at it before buying he knows what he is getting . If they follow my recomendations they will have a fairly trouble free boat . You need to figure on every few years on replacing you pumps , blowers , switches and I do tons of guages and stainless fuse panels . If its electric it will fail sooner or later , twice as fast in salt water . If you dont have a fuel/ water seperator you need one . Do your water pump about every 2 years and a basic service every season and she will be fine . They are not cars , they dont go 100,000 miles before a service lol

Old 09-18-2011, 05:19 AM   #10
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7363 Times on 4266 Posts
Likes Given: 9480

I've got an old 12 foot riveted aluminum motorboat (I use an electric trolling motor) that I put in the water last month and it leaked like Hell (probably why it was free). We pulled it out and it turns out almost all of the rivets were leaking. We used Gorilla Tape to seal up the rivets (I'm a cheap screw so I used one square of tape on each rivet that looked like it was leaking) and spent the weekend on the water with very little leakage.

I would like to replace the rivets but if I do I want to do it with rivets that will perform better than the OEM rivets did. Any recommendations?

I think it is a Vargas boat? Something that starts with a V.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#sealing-blind-rivets/=e3zp8p