Blaming Hunting for Omaha mall shooting
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Blaming Hunting for Omaha mall shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 01:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Blaming Hunting for Omaha mall shooting

I borrowed this from another forum. I was so disgusted by it I had to share it with you guys.

http://www.theindependent.com/stories/12092007/opi_letters09.shtml

Letters to the editor

Gunman used hunting skills at Omaha mall

Gunman used hunting skills at Omaha mall
The world was stunned by the senseless shootings at the Westroads Mall and we mourn for the families and friends of the victims. While nothing can ease the pain of the survivors, it is time for the firearms industry and Nebraska Game and Parks to take partial responsibility for these wanton acts of violence, since incidents such as these expose the fine line between violence against wildlife and violence against humans.

Soon after the shootings took place, NBC4.com reported that Robert Hawkins was seen with a gun and was believed to be going hunting, something he did quite often. Hawkins now joins other infamous killers such as the teens who slaughtered twelve Columbine High School students in Littleton, Colorado in 1999, and the Jonesboro, Arkansas children who killed four classmates and a teacher in 1998, who were hunters before turning their guns toward people.

Sadly, the killing skills used by Hawkins are taught to Nebraska's children by the Game and Parks Commission under the guise of "Hunter Education." As long as state agencies conspire with the weapons industry in promoting violence as recreation, senseless killings will always take place.

Firearms and ammunition excise taxes are allocated to support and promote sport hunting - violence disguised as recreation - and the wildlife management business benefits every time a gun or ammunition is purchased, regardless of how those weapons are used. The time has come to re-write the firearms tax laws and have gun taxes support the medical/funeral expenses of the victims of gun violence, as well as supporting crime fighting programs.

Please join our members and supports in Grand Island and across the nation in eradicating the cancer of sport hunting forever. Visit www.cashwildwatch.org to help make the world a safer place for wildlife and people.

Joe Miele,

Vice President

The Committee to Abolish Sport Hunting

New Paltz, NY

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-17-2007, 09:22 AM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

There are a lot of things wrong with Mr. Miele's opinion piece, but we've seen the sentiments and false arguments before.

All of the blame rests on the shoulders of the individual whose finger was on the trigger.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:22 AM   #3

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

This POS is an animal rights activists and a punk

Old 12-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Now that's just ignorant.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:23 PM   #5

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Those skills can also be learned on computers.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 12-20-2007, 05:00 PM   #6

Ever noticed how when ever there is a tradigy that is full of emotion is when the Anti groups come out of the wood work trying to push thier agenda? It is a sad world we live in that people will blame everything and everyone except the person responsible. Someone gets shot go after the gun maker and the gunshop. Or it is because he hunted, or video games, or violance on movies/TV. But it seems like the person who did the act is ever responsible, always some thing else to blame. Reminds me of the saying "where are we going and why are we in this hand basket."

"They say you can't use a rifle or shotgun indoors because a bad guy will grab the barrel. Yeah? Well, he better hang on, 'cause I'm gonna light him up and it will definitely be an "E" ticket ride."
"Make (your attacker) advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but hes gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty."
Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Old 12-30-2007, 11:27 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I learn to hunt by watching Ted Kennedy drive his car

Old 12-31-2007, 01:13 AM   #8

Oh Pleeaseeeee!!! (What an Idiot!)

Old 12-31-2007, 06:59 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sounds like another Liberal who thinks a gun-free zone should be as safe as a school- Want to be safe- Learn to take some responsibility for your own safety!

Last month my accountant (former Liberal) got scared in the dark Thursday night , called 911... By Friday morning he had become a Conservative and bought his first .357 Magnum in my store- along with his wife!

Old 12-31-2007, 04:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
Want to be safe- Learn to take some responsibility for your own safety!
I that I think I'm going to use that as my sig!