Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Blackmail question. Need help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 12:24 AM   #71
FAA licensed bugsmasher
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1904 Times on 1041 Posts
Likes Given: 691

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turkeyhunter View Post
Just wanted to revive this thread a little for a 2 part update. How are things going now with the ex and your daughter? Hopefully a little calmer and a lot better!!! Was curious if the "skorts" went over okay, or if things got worse??? Fingers crossed!
Also wanted to give an update of my own... apologize for placing it in your thread..... regarding my daughter I was telling you about that I havent seen or spoken to in almost 7 years!
Out of the blue yesterday, "Fathers Day", she sent me an email! First words I've heard from her! I was so excited....... till I started reading! She basically wrote a whole page to tell me how big of a piece of sh!t I was, how I was scum of the earth, every bone in her body aches with so much hate for me, and I am an awful father. And that was the nice parts! I have no idea where her email stemmed from, or what caused this sudden outburst, but you talk about a kick in the gut. Her and her mother are suppose to be christians too, but you wouldnt know it by the amount of profanity in this email coming from a 17 yr old! I have to bite the bullet and keep the peace or her mother will have me back in court again, so no reply on my end!
Sorry, i just wanted to share that with you two! Wish it could have been a better update on my end, best of luck on your end!
Ignore the crap. Respond to her email and thank her getting in touch. Tell her you miss her and hope she is well.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 06-18-2013, 12:52 AM   #72

Liked 812 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Turkeyhunter, teenagers attract and produce angst; she will wise up down the road. I wouldn't feel anything but sad for the kid. It is too bad you aren't allowed to reply with some calm and forgiving words or helpful advice.
Orangello has had a moment of clarity and stumbled into the perfect truth. And I should know -- I am an historic four-armed elephant-looking godlike figure from the ancient orient.

Take a deep breath -- as Winds says your daughter really isn't talking about you. Patience is a virtue. Let it go. She'll never lose her dad but I suspect she lost a friend. At least till she grows up... Kids!

Old 06-18-2013, 02:22 AM   #73

Liked 366 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post

Ignore the crap. Respond to her email and thank her getting in touch. Tell her you miss her and hope she is well.
+1. Tell her she is important. Dunno why things work they way they do. One day she will wise up AND realize you care.

NEVER TAKE A SLEEPING PILL AND A LAXATIVE IN THE SAME NIGHT

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-18-2013, 03:02 AM   #74

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

1turkeyhunter, it sounds like she misses you and still cares but she is hurt because you are not part of her life. Tell her you love her and miss her dearly that your heart aches as well. Word of kindness will disarm her. Tell her you will be by her side and support her. She may have had a big fight with her mom and really needs dad to give her big hug!

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-18-2013, 03:07 AM   #75

Liked 559 Times on 369 Posts

I'm 30 and my parents are 11 years divorced and still bitch about each other. I used to put up with it but that ship has sailed very recently. Nothing could have pushed me away from a normal relationship with either of them faster than how juvenile they turned out to be during and after their divorce ....... even if you have adult kids they still suffer.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:08 AM   #76
Do what you want and not what others want you to do!

Liked 1073 Times on 643 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turkeyhunter
Just wanted to revive this thread a little for a 2 part update. How are things going now with the ex and your daughter? Hopefully a little calmer and a lot better!!! Was curious if the "skorts" went over okay, or if things got worse??? Fingers crossed!
Also wanted to give an update of my own... apologize for placing it in your thread..... regarding my daughter I was telling you about that I havent seen or spoken to in almost 7 years!
Out of the blue yesterday, "Fathers Day", she sent me an email! First words I've heard from her! I was so excited....... till I started reading! She basically wrote a whole page to tell me how big of a piece of sh!t I was, how I was scum of the earth, every bone in her body aches with so much hate for me, and I am an awful father. And that was the nice parts! I have no idea where her email stemmed from, or what caused this sudden outburst, but you talk about a kick in the gut. Her and her mother are suppose to be christians too, but you wouldnt know it by the amount of profanity in this email coming from a 17 yr old! I have to bite the bullet and keep the peace or her mother will have me back in court again, so no reply on my end!
Sorry, i just wanted to share that with you two! Wish it could have been a better update on my end, best of luck on your end!
Things are alright so far. She tried to ruin the dates for our vacation but I nipped that in the bud. We are always very positive and never speak poorly of her Mom in front of her. I know her Mom speaks poorly of us and my daughter is smart and sees it. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I would not respond to the email she sent and I know it's hard but try not to let it upset you. The skorts are working for us. We just want her to be able to run around and play like other kids. I'll be thinking of you.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:16 AM   #77

Liked 16794 Times on 9735 Posts
Likes Given: 43825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
Things are alright so far. She tried to ruin the dates for our vacation but I nipped that in the bud. We are always very positive and never speak poorly of her Mom in front of her. I know her Mom speaks poorly of us and my daughter is smart and sees it. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I would not respond to the email she sent and I know it's hard but try not to let it upset you. The skorts are working for us. We just want her to be able to run around and play like other kids. I'll be thinking of you.
Fathead, she's probably a lot smarter than her mother gives her credit for. you and ZG are doing the right thing. just keep on doing it the way you are and everything will work out for the best. your ex doesn't truly realize how much she is driving her own daughter from her with this spiteful game she's playing. in the long run, it will come back to haunt her.

best of luck to all of you.
People Like This 
Old 06-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #78

Liked 208 Times on 124 Posts

Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement and advice! I am so torn on what to do if anything...... I want to email her back and tell her how much I love her and shes wrong to think I never wanted to be with her, but I dont want her mom to encourage her and try to start a pissing match, cause I will not participate. I also dont want to have to go back to court either. Or...... I could wait 6 months till she turns 18 and contact her then! I dont know.... wish I had lifes answers ( dont we all)!
Fathead, I am so happy for you and zombiegirl that everything is going well! Your little girl must be pretty badass to ignore the darkside I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers!
Thanks again!

Old 06-19-2013, 12:26 AM   #79

Liked 500 Times on 318 Posts
Likes Given: 107

turkey,

Take the high road, thank her for contacting you, and you look forward to the future. She will eventually figure out what is right.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #80

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I feel you guys Fathead. That Pentecostal cult is a strange one. I watched it slowly infect my old home town. It was right about when I got out of high school that it started and I went back just this last year and people that I knew back in the old days were like brainwashed zombies.
Good luck and I hope things work out for you guys.

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books