Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Blackhawks to win the cup....again.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1660 Times on 1152 Posts
Likes Given: 844

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
First off... it's NORTH Carolina !!! The only "cactus" growing here you buy at the store and keep indoors in pots ...and Bettman had nothing to do with the Hurricanes coming here from Hartford (that's right... they were the Whalers previous to 97')... he simply rubber stamped the move (motivated by more $$$ in his pocket probably)...That was the owner (Peter Karmanos) who was looking to get out of an over-saturated hockey market into a place with a built in fan base. He came down to Raleigh... and went to an Icecaps game ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raleigh_IceCapsCHL ) that had a RABID following mostly due to the Northern transplants that came down during the business boom of the 80's & 90's. Previous to that team we had the Greensboro Monarchs ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greensboro_Monarchs ) and the Carolina Thunderbirds out of Winston Salem.... So this idea that we have never had hockey in the North Carolina.. OR the South in general before the 30 team NHL expansion is a LIE !!!!

But that's okay... Go ahead. Call us a bunch of "redneck, NASCAR watching, cousin dating, inbreed, SU-WEEEE!!" and underestimate the Canes.... It's our greatest strength!!
ISorry, I did mix up the Carolinas. But even you cannot deny that Bettman and the Board are on your side, with their "new market strategy". The NHL is too big by half. Result, the dilution of real talent, the looooong season, the stupid shootouts, and the unofficially approved staged fighting to make the regular season games somewhat interesting. I know the Sugar Canes used to be Whalers. That franchise should have been allowed to die naturally. My reference to cactus was more about the Coyotes. Does Florida really need or deserve two NHL teams? What about the Mighty excuse me Ducks? I respect your allegiance to the hometown team, but telling you straight up, it only exists because someones money is in it.

Last edited by Mercator; 10-12-2013 at 08:11 PM.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:00 AM   #32

Liked 666 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 1399

Default Be a FAN... Not a TROLL !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
ISorry, I did mix up the Carolinas. But even you cannot deny that Bettman and the Board are on your side, with their "new market strategy". The NHL is too big by half. Result, the dilution of real talent, the looooong season, the stupid shootouts, and the unofficially approved staged fighting to make the regular season games somewhat interesting. I know the Sugar Canes used to be Whalers (really??... Could have fooled me). That franchise should have been allowed to die naturally. My reference to cactus was more about the Coyotes. Does Florida really need or deserve two NHL teams? (Why not?? They got two of everything else in pro spoarts!) What about the Mighty excuse me Ducks? I respect your allegiance to the hometown team, but telling you straight up, it only exists because someones money is in it.(Sure does... Mine and about 2500 other season ticket holders and corperate sponsors... Your point???)
At least I stand up for my team... and if you've read this thread complete you'll see I have knowledge and love for the sport.... BUT.. I notice you DON"T have your local listed... OR a favorite hockey team mentioned... You just got on and started needling Southern Hockey teams and their fans....
Until you DO make a stand and say allegence to a club... You're a TROLL on this thread as far as I'm concerned.

As for Bettman being "on our side"???... He's not on ANY hockey fan's side... Other wise we would have had uninterupted COMPLETE seasons during his tenure!! Check out this article about his 20 years of handing off the cup and they are ranked by his awkwardness... Guess which one is ranked NUMBER ONE ???
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/66432/20-years-of-awkwardness-a-celebration-of-gary-bettman-stanley-cup-presentations?src=mobile

Old 10-13-2013, 12:46 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
At least I stand up for my team... and if you've read this thread complete you'll see I have knowledge and love for the sport.... BUT.. I notice you DON"T have your local listed... OR a favorite hockey team mentioned... You just got on and started needling Southern Hockey teams and their fans....
Until you DO make a stand and say allegence to a club... You're a TROLL on this thread as far as I'm concerned.

As for Bettman being "on our side"???... He's not on ANY hockey fan's side... Other wise we would have had uninterupted COMPLETE seasons during his tenure!! Check out this article about his 20 years of handing off the cup and they are ranked by his awkwardness... Guess which one is ranked NUMBER ONE ???
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/66432/20-years-of-awkwardness-a-celebration-of-gary-bettman-stanley-cup-presentations?src=mobile
I confessed to be a bitter Red Wings fan in this very thread. You baited me to call you names but I didn't. Now you calling me a troll in capital letters! Nobody ever gave you @#$% about your team? We do it up here all the time! Since before the expansion

Old 10-13-2013, 12:58 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6747 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Goooooo Nanooks

Old 10-13-2013, 12:58 AM   #35

Liked 666 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 1399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
I confessed to be a bitter Red Wings fan in this very thread. You baited me to call you names but I didn't. Now you calling me a troll in capital letters! Nobody ever gave you @#$% about your team? We do it up here all the time! Since before the expansion
.... wow.... you sure have contributed a lot to the thread.....
I'm done... You guys have fun at the campfire.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

My apologies to all still present here for jumping off the bench. "Had the right to remain silent but not the ability"

Speaking of firearms. Of the 4 major leagues the NHL has the cleanest record for gun-related crime, or any crime. Pretty instructive, considering the game's reputation for violence. Off the ice, it is a player culture superior to the other 3.

Last edited by Mercator; 10-13-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Anna_Purna Likes This 
Old 10-14-2013, 11:25 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1189 Times on 578 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Damn, I already know it won't be my Flyers. They are god awfule this year. 7 goals in 5 games.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 10-15-2013, 04:17 AM   #38

Liked 76 Times on 46 Posts

There's always next year.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #39

Liked 27 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hopefully they will not score any goals tonight against my Canucks. Haha

Later,

Cracker7

Old 10-16-2013, 01:53 AM   #40

Liked 76 Times on 46 Posts

Good game, shame they can't win a game for Mason.