Blackbird
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Blackbird

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 02:53 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5677 Times on 2964 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Default Blackbird

well i finally found a reputable business to fix the only thing on my 1989 formula 350 firebird i cant do myself due to the weight of the hatch itself. it was leaking like a sieve. it goes in on thursday to have the hatch bolts resealed and the gasket reseated.

i restored it all was done by me cept the paint and rear hatch

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 05-25-2011 at 02:55 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-25-2011, 03:40 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That's a very nice ride.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-25-2011, 03:52 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Thanks. She is almost all original i used gm oem parts to restore except for the speakers headliner and sunshades which after 20 years even the nib parts are too far gone as they had parts made with either paper or cardboard or foam.

I take her to car shows and such now and then and she gets lots of attention since ive never seen anyone dumb enough besides myself to restore a 80's f-body to this level. You just dont see these at carshows that look this good and are being driven around.

Ive seen a few of em that some peeps keep on trailers and have like 15 miles on the odometer but mine is a driver with 45k miles atm

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 05-25-2011 at 03:54 AM.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:33 AM   #4

Liked 99 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Dam fine car you have sir.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:30 AM   #5
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7107 Times on 4278 Posts
Likes Given: 8625

I'm coming out to visit you, shoot pink guns and get a ride in that car.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:44 AM   #6

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

I have always likes the lines of those Firebirds. IMO the only other good looking body GM ever came out with besides the originals of 67-69.

Well done, well done indeed

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 05-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I'm coming out to visit you, shoot pink guns and get a ride in that car.
Sounds like fun can even take it to.the range

Old 05-25-2011, 12:30 PM   #8

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I have always found the Formula trim level of the Pontiac F-body a much overlooked/under appreciated jewel in the GM muscle car stable.

I owned the Trans Am and loved it but found the screaming eagle on the hood just a tad over the top.

I have always wanted, but never owned a Formula. Thanks Jon for this brief recapture of youth!

Just don't put anything PINK on that black beauty!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I have always found the Formula trim level of the Pontiac F-body a much overlooked/under appreciated jewel in the GM muscle car stable.

I owned the Trans Am and loved it but found the screaming eagle on the hood just a tad over the top.

I have always wanted, but never owned a Formula. Thanks Jon for this brief recapture of youth!

Just don't put anything PINK on that black beauty!
No worries there wont be any pink on that classic. I had a red one back in the 80's my brother destroyed it while i was in basic training. Took me 20 years to get another and i found that one.

Its the rarest of the firebirds as its a real formula 350. Very few were made and even fewer survived in any capacity. So for me restoring it was a labor of love.

Ive always liked pontiac interiors. The red lit interiors are very cool ill have to take some nite pics of both the formula and transam

Old 05-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #10
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Kitt? Is that you buddy?

j/k Jon. That is very nice! Well done good sir.