Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Black Ice......!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2926 Times on 1681 Posts
Likes Given: 17355

Default Black Ice......!

Back in my yoote , when I was still in my 20,s , I used to bounce this biker bar called the "Mill-View". It was on a large hill and when the "Black-Ice" hit the side walk , I got some major laughs.

One step off the bar liability area and it was "Shoooooooom" down the hill..!
Now that I'm older . it ain't all that funny any more. I got me a trophy , a stop sign yesterday.!I knocked it down , there fore , it must be mine right....?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6962 Times on 4188 Posts
Likes Given: 8380

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Back in my yoote , when I was still in my 20,s , I used to bounce this biker bar called the "Mill-View". It was on a large hill and when the "Black-Ice" hit the side walk , I got some major laughs.

One step off the bar liability area and it was "Shoooooooom" down the hill..!
Now that I'm older . it ain't all that funny any more. I got me a trophy , a stop sign yesterday.!I knocked it down , there fore , it must be mine right....?
i've warned others before and I'm warning you. If you take a STOP sign and there is an accident at that intersection because someone didn't know to stop, you are held liable for that accident. I highly urge you to return that sign to the intersect and to notify the city streets workers that intersection needs a new sign.

dango Likes This 
Old 03-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1523

Hit a patch of black ice while traveling I-55 from Chicago to St. Louis went sideways for about 50 feet, recovered the slide and went on. Talk about running up your BP and heart rate! My nephew thought it was cool, ah to be a teenager!

Yeah what WOC said! When I lived in FL some kids stole a stop sign as part of a scavenger hunt, the next person went through to intersection not knowing to stop and was killed when they were broadsided by a full loaded dump truck.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Last edited by DFlynt; 03-01-2013 at 07:28 PM.
dango Likes This 
Old 03-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
i've warned others before and I'm warning you. If you take a STOP sign and there is an accident at that intersection because someone didn't know to stop, you are held liable for that accident. I highly urge you to return that sign to the intersect and to notify the city streets workers that intersection needs a new sign.
To be honest , I didn't take it . It's just 2 feet off the ground now but I did tell the town Hero.........! Don't forget though , there are eleven people here so It won't get fixed this year.....!

Old 03-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I worked in a trophy & sign shop in high school; i don't remember a "stop sign" figure. We had like 8 kinds of cows/steers/bulls figures and three different coon-hunting figures, though.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

dango Likes This 
Old 03-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 835 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 179

I did a cute 720° spin on the freeway with a 4x4... hit nothing, kinda looked around, said damn, and drove on

Old 03-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8638 Times on 3742 Posts
Likes Given: 1324

When we lived in Colorado, a great way to spot immigrants from CA was when they whizzed past you on I-25 in their 4WD- on black ice morning.

The second great way to spot them was to watch for them at the first curve. About 50 ft up the road bank.

WHEEEE!

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 03-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

As a moth to flame , Black ice and the scenic land scape...!

Old 03-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #9

Liked 287 Times on 193 Posts

Hit black ice on tge highway and did a 540° with preg wife and 2 kids in the car. Pretty damn scary.

On the other note of ownership....i suppose from other driving experiences, i own a fire hydrant and a light post...

Old 03-02-2013, 12:53 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1189 Times on 578 Posts
Likes Given: 74

When I was growing up black ice was a good thing. It meant the pond was ready for some hockey! And we had to get out there before the figure skaters and their mothers showed up!

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

People Like This