Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Black friday mayhem stories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #61
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6762 Times on 4086 Posts
Likes Given: 8096

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Oh that's nothing I don't already know. I'm working full time and overtime (this week alone, or the week of 11/15-11/21, I have 56 hours regular time and 22 of overtime), and I can barely make ends meet. I'm also making more than minimum wage. Barely.
I'm sorry. I'm living off unemployment right now, desperately looking for a job and I'm definitely going backwards. I'm getting scared.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #62

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I'm sorry. I'm living off unemployment right now, desperately looking for a job and I'm definitely going backwards. I'm getting scared.
Not a good feeling...gotta keep plugging along!...I'm sure you're trying all avenues. Monster, CareerBuilder, local online searches, unemployment database, Healthcare Career Fairs etc., Collage/Tech School Database.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #63

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

That is when the cell phone is more effective then the firearm. You could have had the great satisfaction of seeing the idiot hauled off in cuffs. A simple phone call to the police, would have established the guy as an agressor and you as a victim. If the other party continued to escalate the situation, you would have been in a far better position to legally defend yourself.
I got in a wreck in high school running from a car load of guys who wanted to jump me. The cop said to me. 'You got a cellphone, don't you?' As he gave me a ticket.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 11-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #64

Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastrebel70

Then in my opinion you needed to move too another state that cares less about punks and more about innocent victims that are only trying to defend themselves.
I live in a pretty gun-friendly state, Tennessee. I'd guess the majority of states have these kinds of laws in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Bingo....

A shot to the face/head is deadly force. By the sound of the second guessing by some here I'd say we've got some younger fitter members who are ready to scrap rather than instantly go to the sidearm...which is fine...BUT, we have no idea the permit holders age, level of fitness or possible disability?

I am consistently seeing many of the same members here questioning or bashing an armed citizens actions based on a snippet of information an AFTER the responding LEO's found no cause to arrest them?

I have to wonder what well of omnipotent water many of them are drinking from?

Tack

A lot of the reason I advocate not using or drawing a firearm when you have better options is because of the current legal and political environment we live in today in the U.S.

This man in this story may very well have been of old age,disability,or smaller stature as to not be able to defend himself against an unarmed attacker,if that's the case use any means necessary to defend yourself. But just know that 12 other people may not see it that way if they can't plainly see you we're unable to defend yourself and were in fear for your life. Be ready to prove both... if u can't then come to terms with serving a few years in jail.

Even if you were in the right, liberal District Attorneys and prosecutors will have a field day with anything they can use to further a political anti-gun agenda. And if you think the liberal mainstream media can't force a trail/and or conviction on someone then you need to get your head out of the sand.

I'd personally take the black eye instead of risking a Agg. Assault conviction or even the lawyers fees to get out of one. But I am a 21 year old male of large stature, everybody reaches jeopardy at different stages of conflict. It would take more than a sucker punch for me to fear for my life,YMMV.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #65

Liked 4573 Times on 2212 Posts
Likes Given: 1381

Certainly, innocent people can find themselves in court but that outside possibility is not IMHO a reason to refrain from using force to stop or prevent an attack.

All of our responses to a situation like ^^THIS^^ will vary based on our individual situation and having ones opinion on what we would have done is fine. The only thing I take exception with is those who deride the armed citizens reaction to there situation when the only fact any of us know for certain is that responding LEO's found the situation justifiable by the fact that they DID NOT arrest the armed citizen.

So picking it apart and stating how you may have handled it differently fine...condeming actions that the authorities in the given jurisdiction found acceptable is just plain silly.

Tack

Old 11-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #66

Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
Certainly, innocent people can find themselves in court but that outside possibility is not IMHO a reason to refrain from using force to stop or prevent an attack.

All of our responses to a situation like ^^THIS^^ will vary based on our individual situation and having ones opinion on what we would have done is fine. The only thing I take exception with is those who deride the armed citizens reaction to there situation when the only fact any of us know for certain is that responding LEO's found the situation justifiable by the fact that they DID NOT arrest the armed citizen.

So picking it apart and stating how you may have handled it differently fine...condeming actions that the authorities in the given jurisdiction found acceptable is just plain silly.

Tack
I'm not condemning his actions at all,I wish we could live in a world where firearms and the use of them as personal protection was widely accepted. It would make this world a much friendlier place.

I'm simply saying that when you use,or threaten the use of,a firearm when you aren't absolutely in jeopardy of someone loosing life or limb that there are people that WILL condemn your actions ,even wrongly so. These are the times we live in.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #67

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

this can be debated until the cows come home, and both sides have valid points. i use the same frame of mind as when i was a LEO, there is always a gun involved in every confrontation, YOURS. Who is to say that after getting your bell rung, you fall down and the bad guy grabs your gun? whenever im out and about im normally with my wife and kids, if im physically attacked and think that im getting overwhelmed,i will use my firearm because if i become incapacitated my firearm may be used to harm my family. i am more than able to defend myself and i am very capable of taking someones life with my hands if i had to BUT remember that the longer a confrontation lasts,the more dangerous it becomes.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

People Like This 
Old 11-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #68

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I also see both sides. Have we already forgotten what is happening to George Zimmerman. Not saying that he did everything right before during or after. There is an example of being judged by the media.

NEVER FORGET

People Like This