Black friday mayhem stories - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Black friday mayhem stories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth
Now we know where fathead was this morning. Maybe there is something to this black friday frenzy.

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/lifestyle/holiday/black-friday-2012-rush-at-victorias-secret-pink-at-oak-park-mall-in-overland-park-kan
ZG can't even fit one boob in those bras they have there. That store is for woman with no boobs, but yes that is the madness we saw at other stores. Thanks for the video though and for thinking of me.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #22
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

I wouldn't open the damned store with all those idiots out there. Probably why i am not in a mall business.
People Like This 
Old 11-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #23

Liked 1153 Times on 749 Posts
Likes Given: 2043

It wasnt a mishap but I was in Pet Smart this morning , I used the restroom and as I turned out of the hall there were 2 women standing there one was holding up a giant kong which looks like a big rubber adult toy and its what came out of her mouth that topped it all off . All I heard was the last one only lasted me 1.5 yrs . and she turned and looked at me in disbelief that she just said what she said while holding the ol kong high . I just chuckled and kept going .
Bigcountry02 Likes This 
Old 11-23-2012, 11:51 PM   #24
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10997 Times on 4764 Posts
Likes Given: 1806

Well, I must admit, I got caught up in the Black Friday Madness. Got up at 1 AM. Threw some wood in the furnace. Took care of what woke me up in the first place. Went back to snoring.

Got up at 0830. Made a pot of Kona Gold, some biscuits, country ham, grits and eggs. Had a second cup. Washed dishes.

Having achieved all my goals for the first half of the day, went and napped on the couch.

At 3:00 pm I dived back into the fray. Since my S-I-L had duty with the Sheriff's Dept yesterday, daughter invited me over to dinner today. Drove to her place, goofed around with the Anarchist-in-Training, had dinner, drove home.

Exhausted from not fighting the crowds, frustrated by not looking for a parking place, I shall shortly retire for my evening nap. But first I must decide if I want another slice of pie before or after the nap.

To all who went out, braved the crowds, fought the good fight- My Christmas shopping is complete. There is this WONDERFUL thing called the internet. You should look into it.

Last edited by c3shooter; 11-24-2012 at 02:46 AM.
People Like This 
Old 11-24-2012, 12:29 AM   #25

Liked 3385 Times on 1524 Posts
Likes Given: 3091

Anyone who would take an ass whippin when he's got a gun in his pocket is an idiot if you ask me. I think he did the right thing.
People Like This 
Old 11-24-2012, 03:11 AM   #26

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282
Anyone who would take an ass whippin when he's got a gun in his pocket is an idiot if you ask me. I think he did the right thing.
Call me an idiot,but a fistfight is a fistfight,and 99.9% they usually end in an asswhooping for one or both parties,not death... So why even put it on the table of consequences for any party involved. Id take a million ass whoopings before I take someone's life when I don't feel that my own life is in immediate jeopardy.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 11-24-2012, 03:17 AM   #27

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

A guy about 5 miles from my home clocked a guy outside of a bar. The guy was drunk, beligerant and out of control. One punch, he killed the drunk. He didn't expect to do that. He was in big trouble last I heard, but I don't know the final outcome.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Last edited by Sonic82; 11-24-2012 at 04:12 AM.

Old 11-24-2012, 03:21 AM   #28
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong View Post
Call me an idiot,but a fistfight is a fistfight,and 99.9% they usually end in an asswhooping for one or both parties,not death... So why even put it on the table of consequences for any party involved. Id take a million ass whoopings before I take someone's life when I don't feel that my own life is in immediate jeopardy.
So if your 80-year-old father (or grandfather) gets punched in the face he should just man up and dish it out as good as he gets it?

Last time I checked there was no guarantee that your attacker is going to be equally matched to you, or vice verse. Douchebags usually attack people they think they can take down easily. That is how they roll.
Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 11-24-2012, 03:33 AM   #29

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82
A guy about 5 miles from my home clocked a guy outside of a bar. The guy was drunk, beligerant and out of control. One punch, he kiled the drunk. He didn't expect to do that. He was in big trouble last I heard, but I don't know the final outcome.
There's your point .01 chance. I'm 240 pounds and a pinch over 6 foot. Even if someone swings on me and kills me with a bare handed blow,then the big man decided to take me off this earth, Of that I have no doubt.

You shoot an unarmed man for striking you without a weapon,your likely to stand trial for murder, if you pull a gun on someone trying to scare them and you'll also be awaiting criminal charges. In my state that's called aggravated assault. I'd be willing to bet you stand a million times greater chance of those things happening than dying in a fist fight.

Not to mention the fact that you have to live with your decision to shoot an unarmed man (drunk and belligerent at that in your scenario). This includes taking his life,everything he's ever been and everything he ever would become from him. And taking a father,son and brother from many people. This is not something to be taken lightly,and IMO is never warranted just because you will not use more appropriate means to assess and counter the level of danger you face.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 11-24-2012, 03:48 AM   #30

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Had a guest speaker at Hernando High School once. He was a former high school student, who should have still been in school, but was instead serving time for the very same thing mentioned with the drunk. I don't remember where it happened, what school, or even the guy's name, but he cleaned the clock of a dude he'd been arguing with, and killed him with one hit.

He was speaking out against school place violence.

I personally will draw on someone who punches me in the face, and I'll tell you why. IMO, to punch someone in the face, that you don't even know, and in a public setting like a check out line in a store, in a heightened situation such as the biggest sales day of the year, proves to me that the person is subject to several issues...

They don't know me or what I'm capable of, yet they chose to attack anyway.
They have no respect for society.
They have no respect for laws.
They likely have no respect for authority or law enforcement personnel.
They obviously DO NOT CARE about the outcome of attacking an individual.

These people that would show such a blatant disregard for all of the above are dangerous people. If you or anyone else would rather duke it out without a loss of life, I can respect that. But these types of people have no sense of moral decency. They are predators. And that's one of the very few things in the human condition that scares me, the situation where a human being will act like an animal.

What else could they be capable of? In this situation, I will immediately go to the most aggressive defensive posture I can. If that means whipping a M1 Abrams out of my puckerhole, I guess I'll be walking funny for a while.