Black friday mayhem stories - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Black friday mayhem stories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastrebel70

Not sure but the last time I checked, San Antonio was in Texas.
Misread it,thought it said San Francisco.

That makes more sense being in Texas

Old 11-23-2012, 05:43 PM   #12

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl
Very nice. Those Black Friday people are A$$holes.
Um... Where's fathead right now? Doesn't he do the black Friday shopping?

Old 11-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #13
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8799 Times on 5254 Posts
Likes Given: 11666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong View Post
I'm honestly surprised the ccl holder wasn't charged with a crime,especially being in California.

Not saying dude didnt deserve to feel crap run down his leg but in the current political climate I can't help but think that its irresponsible to pull a gun over a forcible invitation to fight an unarmed azzhole. I think a good beat down would have been more appropriate. IMO a firearm should never be your First,Last,and only response to any varying degree of danger. Anybody that doesn't feel confident enough to hold their own without a firearm against an unarmed attacker needs further training in self-defense
I agree. Responsible people who CC should not be drawing their weapon because someone punched them in the face in a line. I fistfight, maybe. It doesn't do the gun rights people any good if others start drawing weapons in situations that don't seem life threatening.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #14

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Um... Where's fathead right now? Doesn't he do the black Friday shopping?
We were stupid enough to do it last night/early this morning!!! We went to two different Walmarts, drove by HhGreg, and stood in line at Best Buy. Got to Best Buy just before 10 pm and got home just after 2 am.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #15

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I agree. Responsible people who CC should not be drawing their weapon because someone punched them in the face in a line. I fistfight, maybe. It doesn't do the gun rights people any good if others start drawing weapons in situations that don't seem life threatening.
i've gotta think about this one. I guess it's pretty circumstantial...if it's a punk thinkin he's a bigshot that appears he can't do much damage...maybe. If it's a big dude with determined and wicked look in his eye...he might just see a sample of my modest collection. It all has to be quickly assessed...but that's what CC is all about.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 11-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #16

Liked 4796 Times on 2682 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Maybe the gun owner was much older. Maybe the thug was a young gangbanger! That is why the Colt was called the Great Equalizer. Don't be so quick to attack the CCW holder. Why not make it a Federal violation to attack a licensed CCW holder? After all the CCW holder was approved by the FBI to carry a concealed weapon. Just a thought on the Progun side.
People Like This 
Old 11-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Maybe the gun owner was much older. Maybe the thug was a young gangbanger! That is why the Colt was called the Great Equalizer. Don't be so quick to attack the CCW holder. Why not make it a Federal violation to attack a licensed CCW holder? After all the CCW holder was approved by the FBI to carry a concealed weapon. Just a thought on the Progun side.
Carte blanche?...it's still America here. Still entitled to defend yourself..who ever you are. Not as likely, but there can be CCW abusers out there.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #18

Liked 39 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong
I'm honestly surprised the ccl holder wasn't charged with a crime,especially being in California.

Not saying dude didnt deserve to feel crap run down his leg but in the current political climate I can't help but think that its irresponsible to pull a gun over a forcible invitation to fight an unarmed azzhole. I think a good beat down would have been more appropriate. IMO a firearm should never be your First,Last,and only response to any varying degree of danger. Anybody that doesn't feel confident enough to hold their own without a firearm against an unarmed attacker needs further training in self-defense
This guy could have been seeing stars for all anyone knows. Maybe even on the verge of blacking out, and if the punk is stupid enough to walk up to a complete strange and punch him in the face for no reason, who is to say he won't kick him, stab him, or what ever after the guy was down. Your self defense tactics aren't squat after your knocked out. The punk got what was coming to him, and kudos to the man who stood up for himself.
People Like This 
Old 11-23-2012, 08:04 PM   #19

This just in..http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20121123/NEWS01/121123008/?odyssey=tab%7Cmostpopular%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

Old 11-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #20

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Now we know where fathead was this morning. Maybe there is something to this black friday frenzy.

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/lifestyle/holiday/black-friday-2012-rush-at-victorias-secret-pink-at-oak-park-mall-in-overland-park-kan