Black-friday.....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Black-friday.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 123 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 233

Default Black-friday.....

Anybody go shopping on this day,or do you stay-home like I do???...I fight the crowd at the ice-box for left-overs........

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-23-2011, 05:03 PM   #2

All the T.V. adds are driving me...More..STUPID....Opening stores at Midnight...What the Hell-Man....I don't get-it..They got one guy Sleeping-out on the parking-lot in a tent for a week now for what???...It's been cold the last couple of nights,and if I'm sleeping outside in a tent,its going to be to have a chance to shoot a 10 point-Buck and not a I-PAD........They say the Crowds are going to be bigger then last-year.....................:conf used:...

Old 11-25-2011, 10:40 AM   #3

The local news said Cabelia's gave-away a Browning Rifle this-morning...The line was around the building and then some........Crazy.......

Old 11-25-2011, 10:54 AM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

How quickly people forget that someone was killed 3 years ago during this madness! You would think people would get a grip and stop fighting over the junk they have for sale these days anyway. I just stay home. In fact I don't get excited at all this time of year. It's all commercial and I can do very well without that.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- Unknown author -- Falsely attributed to George Washington --
Patriot Guard Rider

Last edited by hogrider; 11-25-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:30 AM   #5
CGO

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Forget fighting the crowds on black Friday. I wouldn't go anyway. The only thing I am fighting is a damn sinus infection I woke up with on Thanksgiving morning.

Old 11-25-2011, 12:03 PM   #6

Liked 1127 Times on 732 Posts
Likes Given: 2015

I took the wife analysis sister n law out and I got me some much needed sleep in the van. I did go to dicks and buy some .223 rounds they had ammo buy one get one half off. And soft sided rifle cases 2/$20 . No wait for the checkout either . I was in and out in 5 min . But thats all I really wanted so no big deal for me

Old 11-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #7

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I never deal with it. The myth of good prices and deals has been shown to be an outright lie several times over the years yet people STILL believe they're getting something good. Plus, there are entirely too many idiots in the store who would be willing to rip your head off for that "last item" you just happened to take off the shelf. I'll let the fools waste their time camping out in line to get into the store and then standing in line to pay for their perceived good deal.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #8

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry5081 View Post
How quickly people forget that someone was killed 3 years ago during this madness! You would think people would get a grip and stop fighting over the junk they have for sale these days anyway. I just stay home. In fact I don't get excited at all this time of year. It's all commercial and I can do very well without that.
Just felt the need to point out, someone is killed every year over this crap. I think the one you are referring to is the Wal Mart employee that was trampled to death as he unlocked the doors, correct? Well there are shootings and tempers flaring, along with road rage every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
I never deal with it. The myth of good prices and deals has been shown to be an outright lie several times over the years yet people STILL believe they're getting something good.
Yes. Many places will jack the cost of something up for a few weeks, and then drop it back to it's regular mark up and call it a huge sale. Just an FYI to everyone, while you may find a great deal on a new or used car, retail chains like walmart and target don't sell at a loss. They may lose some throughout the year due to poor marketing, or a sluggish economy, but they don't mark their prices at a loss.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #9

I have been camping out at Best Buys since last week to save $50 on that new flat screen TV. Just kidding, I always go get doughnuts while the wife brews up a big pot of coffee and then we watch the crazies on tv. Why would anyone stay in line for days just to save ten dollars on a crock pot. Then again some people would say it is crazy to sit in a tree stand for the chance at a nice buck but I think that is normal.

Old 11-25-2011, 02:16 PM   #10
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2123 Times on 1151 Posts
Likes Given: 769

I point and click and let Amazon and UPS do all the heavy lifting.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA