A Black Eye for the Air Force

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > A Black Eye for the Air Force

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2962 Times on 1708 Posts
Likes Given: 1272

Default A Black Eye for the Air Force

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/air-force-officer-charged-sexual-battery-arlington/story?id=19120383

And he is in charge?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5938 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 5499

Whether it's the military, the Church, the Chamber of Commerce, or even the Girl Scouts, a few always manage slip through the net.

Winston Churchill
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 05-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Add this, and I see one career sunk:
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/07/18107743-obama-no-tolerance-for-military-sexual-assault?lite

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 05-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
But he does have tolerance for the possible sexual assault on our Libyan Ambassador on 9/11/2012!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

People Like This 
Old 05-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Another update!

The military wanted to try the individual, but it is to remain in civilian hands.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/08/18125391-accused-usaf-officer-will-face-civilian-court?

Amendment II:

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Last edited by danf_fl; 05-08-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

He can be tried in both. Double jeopardy does not apply to court martials.

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Old 05-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #7

Liked 932 Times on 497 Posts
Likes Given: 680

When you throw men and women together in a society like the military it's gonna happen. Never should have expanded women's role in the first place. Doomed from the start. Gonna keep happening just the way it is.

USMC 74-78

locutus Likes This 
Old 05-08-2013, 11:02 PM   #8

Liked 1164 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman3 View Post
He can be tried in both. Double jeopardy does not apply to court martials.
Double jeopardy does apply if he is "punished" by the military but not if he is given "training". When i active Air Force training was defined as anything up to and including an Article 15, anything more including a court martial was considered punishment and meant civilian courts could not do anything about the incident.

This was one reason why dui is commonly handled with an article 15, the state can then prosecute and get the thousands in fines and the military can "train" you with 50% reduction in pay on top of that. In Alaska the state would always try for jurisdiction even if the offense occurred on base (federal) property.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 05-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5938 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 5499

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Double jeopardy does apply if he is "punished" by the military but not if he is given "training". When i active Air Force training was defined as anything up to and including an Article 15, anything more including a court martial was considered punishment and meant civilian courts could not do anything about the incident.

This was one reason why dui is commonly handled with an article 15, the state can then prosecute and get the thousands in fines and the military can "train" you with 50% reduction in pay on top of that. In Alaska the state would always try for jurisdiction even if the offense occurred on base (federal) property.

Yunus, you are correct as far as courts-Martial and federal coutrs.

However, he could be tried and punished in a state court, and then tried and puniswhed in a federal (military) court.

Winston Churchill

Old 05-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #10

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Based on his face, the woman or the police did a job on him.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln