A bit of range time with one of my daughters

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > A bit of range time with one of my daughters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2013, 02:57 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Default A bit of range time with one of my daughters

Earlier this month, my Eldest twin and myself were at the range re-setting her zero. I loaded some new powder under 140 TSX pills for her up coming Deer hunt. We get her dialed in. Then she spends time working on her marksmanship skills.

Its a fairly cold afternoon so she was bundled up in her hoodie, and at the bench you really couldn't tell she was a female shooter.

Some young gentlemen arrive, and set up at the opposite end of the shooting line. We held off until they set up range; goes live and my daughter starts banging the 300 yard 12 inch steel diamond without a miss. This catches the interest of those fellas She hits 6 for 6.

Line goes cold, then I tell my daughter show the boys you're a girl. She gets ups pulls the hoodie down , releases her pony tail and does one of those Clairol Commercial subtle hair tumbles from back in the day, to shake her long hair loose

As soon as I walked to the 100meter to pick up our paper waste, everyone of those gentlemen were politely talking shooting with her (they were all ICE agents)

Become steel or get cut.
tri70 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-28-2013, 03:08 AM   #2
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1063 Times on 632 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Well done sir!!!

My daughter is almost 12 and has almost no interest in shooting, at summer camp she got to shoot a bow and really enjoyed it. I am thinking a bow for Christmas and maybe I can get her shooting if I don't push too hard starting with the bow.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:52 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Sounds like a good time. Also sounds like you taught her well. How old is she about?

Always have clean socks.

Steel_Talon Likes This 
Old 11-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #4

Liked 66 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 31

My daughter loves to shoot with me, and every time she comes home from college we go. I love doing that with her.

Mossberg 590A1
Centurian C39 AK pistol
Sig 226
SA xdm 45 compact
H&K USP .40
Sig 938 Extreme
SA 1911 SS Loaded Model
Sig 716 Patrol .308

Steel_Talon Likes This 
Old 11-28-2013, 07:19 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
F4u

Well done sir!!!

My daughter is almost 12 and has almost no interest in shooting, at summer camp she got to shoot a bow and really enjoyed it. I am thinking a bow for Christmas and maybe I can get her shooting if I don't push too hard starting with the bow.
F4 I think you're on the right thought track. The trick with girls is to be patient with them, they will soak it up like a sponge, because they have nothing to prove just to learn properly and confidently.

Get her a bow, keep it simple, keep it easy for her to learn on, easy to draw. You need to get one also, same rules for you. You don't want to institute competition between you two until she has mastery.

Use the time for reflection and concentration the ability to clear her head for 15 minutes....

Become steel or get cut.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Sounds like a good time. Also sounds like you taught her well. How old is she about?
Yes, yes it was a good time. She is 16, one hour older then her sister. She's also a pistol shooter. Her beauty can stop a clock.....

She started with me at the load bench since she was 5. She Killed her first Texas Hawg when she was almost 13. 100 yards from a stand with her 22WMR one shot behind the ear DRT.

Every time she picks up her rifle and ready's to shoot "I tell her It's time to make the boys cry......"

She likes to fish also

Become steel or get cut.
tri70 Likes This 
Old 11-28-2013, 07:45 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP03 View Post
My daughter loves to shoot with me, and every time she comes home from college we go. I love doing that with her.
Those memories will last the lifetime! Good for you.

Good fathers raise strong ,happy ,healthy , confident , self sustaining , Warrior daughters

Become steel or get cut.

Old 11-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

I look forward to when my kids are old enough to be taught shooting and the like.

Always have clean socks.

Steel_Talon Likes This 
Old 11-29-2013, 02:42 AM   #9

Liked 53 Times on 33 Posts

My Daughters a little older and has daughters of her own. She started out shooting when she was young and ended up Scoring Expert with both M16 and M9 While training with the Marines (she was a Navy Corpsman with time in Iraq) And at almost 5' tall and about 118 she's the toughest little pistol you never want to mess with. She even trained on a M19 Grenade launcher. And she can stitch up a gapping chest wound or a little bullet hole as well. She is a CHL holder and carries.

My 16 year old Step Daughter has already done the Appleseed training and is a active target shooter (bit of an animal lover so no hunting)

The little ones age 5 and 6 are active fishermen and will be introduced to shooting and hunting when they are ready.

And Grandma used to compete in Blackpowder trail walks all the time. She made more then one group of guys wonder why they ever bought a rifle. When that pregnant gal could make them look so bad.

Won't even go into my son the collector LOL