Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Binary logic help, etc..... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/binary-logic-help-etc-82111/)

Mosin 01-22-2013 05:44 AM

Binary logic help, etc.....

I need help. I'm studying for this test and there isnt any help, google isn't being my friend right now either.. I'm stumbling on the binary logic questions... and the gate questions...nand etc....

Mosin 01-22-2013 05:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Some illustrations....

dango 01-22-2013 05:50 AM

Ok , "Boolean Logic" pertaining to digital electronics ? Engineering ?

Mosin 01-22-2013 05:55 AM

yes sir....

dango 01-22-2013 06:07 AM

Wow , abstract algebra mathematical structure. I'll admit , haven't used that since college days and am quite rusty , like 4 decades rusty.

I'll help if I can , lay it on me .

dango 01-22-2013 06:25 AM

A tad vague , in what capacity or context ?

Zero rise time , fan-out , non-physical device ?

See "Ideal and real op-amps for comparison ?

Pertaining to computer memory ? :confused:

Occums Razor , what is left , is what it is , no less , no simpler ! Math , algebra , Hated it .........!

Mosin 01-22-2013 06:37 AM

Yeah. I've been working on this study guide since 8am... I'll hit you up tomorrow when I get back to it, with the specific questions. I was hoping there was just some way to read them, but I think I'll have better luck if I can be more specific. Right now I just want to throw the computer...time to call it a night. I appreciate the help, and I'll try some specific questions tomorrow.

dango 01-22-2013 09:39 AM

Yo bro , when you get it , you can help me with my computer chess game.
Want to develop touch pad insulting possessor soft ware. Example:-(Stupid move Putz , Well , you did make it through the third grade)
ETC. . Should be a real money maker if they get mad and shoot it , then they got to buy another one...! :D Good night..! :)

danf_fl 01-22-2013 09:56 AM

Have you checked the electronics books at Radio Shack?

Their method has clarified some problems I've encountered.

(But you do realize that with this being a firearms forum, the best answer is ".45ACP"?)

WebleyFosbery38 01-22-2013 10:50 AM

Hated that crap but been fixing it for 30 years now! Ive found it easiest to look at the things like omni directional Fluid transportation. The entire thing is just a Plumbing Symbol filled with Pipes, Pumps, Pulsers, Valves , Bypasses and Mixers. When all conditions are taken into consideration- flow is directed, restricted, metered or increased based on the distinct characteristics of the devices being used to effect the Electron flow. With each singular device, you put one thing in and get something else or the same out based on the devices personality.

If you had a hard time with Venn diagrams, this one can be tough! Analog and Digital Logic is many Venns tied together to produce a certain desirable controlled outflow of voltage or data. You gotta lean the charts to pass any class with this content, no way around it. I did it then promptly forgot most of the crap, I can however read a schematic or go in blind and fix nearly anything I am tasked to repair from Bacteriological Ovens to Geological X-rays, no charts needed!

Im Not an Electronics Engineer, Im an Electronics Technician, learning the charts was never one of my strong point. Any device on the market has a spec that can be checked and ways to identify failures that dont include memorizing endless charts and graphs (luckily for me!). Meters, Scopes and probes are my weapons against rouge Electrons, logic is illogical and often a waste of f'n time!

Good luck, I hope you become a Master Plumber of Electrons!