biggest ******* you've met at the range - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > biggest ******* you've met at the range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 06:07 AM   #31
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2018 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 4293

The more I have read and the more I like the outdoor range run by the parks department.

The bulk of the issues is the range control advising people to stay off the concrete when the range is cold.

It is a good atmosphere at the range most of the time.

Still need to check out the local indoor range. Prefer outdoors, might have to change once the cold weather and the winter weather rolls in. The outdoor range is on the westside and almost flat land and winds plays a big part.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:11 AM   #32
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7781 Times on 4671 Posts
Likes Given: 9757

I shoot at two different indoor ranges. They are always very well monitored by range masters and sometimes NRA instructors who are very willing to help and answer any questions. I WISH I could find an outdoor range.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #33

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I usually have the place to myself, but as a general rule if a man shows up, he has to "teach" me something...
Until he sees me shoot (thanks to Jay for that! - *see offhand 30ft pistol target in avatar).
The last time it happened, the guy started off telling me I should stand a different way, have a different grip, yadda yadda yadda...
But then after I shot a mag full and picked off everything I was aiming at, he said, "hey...if this country ever comes to civil unrest, I want you on my side!" School was officially "over" at that point.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:49 PM   #34

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default We are all Human and make our own Mistakes, But!

Hello all, RON L here - SERE SURPLUS

As Far as it comes to "Range Ediquite" we all are Human and I'm sure we all, including myself, have comitted our own sins, but some folks just plain stand out? It's the same of Public or Private ranges, and we all have seen it and suffered through it? Yes, thats the reason I and so many other prefer the range to be emprty and I try hard to hit the range ofdd hours when others are working or bad weather or cold, so I will have it to myself! That way I can hide my own sins and not have to live with those of others? LOL

I prefer an Outdoor range but yes the cold and incemite weather drives me indoors after a spell, but in those cases I see strong management by staff, to prevent the experience from the disaster I have seen at unmonitored ranges! Libility alone, not to mention common sense makes the folks owning and running the ranges Keeping a "STRONG HAND" on behavior, at most ranges I have visited! Thier are exceptions and they always stand out in memory?

RON