biggest ******* you've met at the range - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > biggest ******* you've met at the range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 04:48 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
Your post makes me smile. My son is 22 and a Marine. He has more tats than I want to know about and before doing his reup had lots of metal in his face as well. He is co owner of a local tat and pierce shop. While it's not something I'm into he makes a good living from the business and truly enjoys the work.

Anyhow before my son deployed for his 4th active TOD a person shooting next to him came over and tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I would trade places with my son. We stepped off the range so I could hear him (it is an indoor range so stepping off puts you into the lobby where you don't hear the the noise on the range). I asked him again what was his issue, he said he didn't feel comfrontable shooting next to my son as he puts a lot of rounds down range in a short time. I again asked him to explain the problem and he said "I don't want to be rude but look at him" (my son is 6'-5", in prime shape with a lot of ink). I explained that was rude and told him that my son is a US Marine, so look at him again his rounds are on target, he didn't tap me on the shoulder and point out your poor shooting skill. I went back on the line and pulled my son out and had him introduce himself to this person. After we got that straight I decided to make it right and got some fresh targets and asked this person to shoot next to my son on my coin. When it was done the difference was easy to see. I walked the person off the range and had his walk on fee be refunded. The person appoligized and I accepted. The range wouldn't let me pay for the the guy and my son only question was why I kept walking off the range. I told my son that lunch didn't set well so I had to go to the restroom. He knew it was more than that and asked if the guy shooting next to him had the same problem. I told him his problem was even worse but he worked it out. No more to be expressed between anyone involved.

By the way I shoot well and some times I do hit the metal target holder
lol
I wish your son and i could go shooting together.

a split second of man made perfection dialogue, speed, and direction.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:28 AM   #12

Gravel pit out in the Nat'l Forest . . . Bubba and his buddy with the kids. Kids are about 10 yrs old and shooting 22 cal rifles. Bubba and his buddy are sitting in beach chairs, putting away some brewskis. One kid keeps resting the muzzle of his rifle on the toe of his shoe.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:44 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Dude, get over yourself, your never going impress all of the people all of the time. The only two people you need to impress are The Big Guy and yourself. Believe me, it makes life much easier.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamFire View Post
One kid keeps resting the muzzle of his rifle on the toe of his shoe.
They'll call him stumpy or roots in high school.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:58 PM   #15

dcp1987, if that guy was the worst #!@#@! you'll ever meet at a range, consider yourself lucky. He's a *****cat compared to some of the bozos I've seen over the years.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:02 PM   #16

I cannot believe the nannyware bleeped the "cat" word in my last post. All i wrote was Please United Sam Sam Yesterday cat.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Is that like Can't Understand Normal Thinking?

Old 03-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #18

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

WIFE: Wash, Iron, F@#k, Etc.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 03-10-2009, 03:52 AM   #19

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I don't really have a public range story as I shoot in my backyard but I do have a stupid in-law story.

On the 4th of July a couple of years ago I was at my in-laws house for a 4th bbq. My FIL got a couple boxes of clays and a launcher and we decided to shoot skeet. After a couple of rounds my wife spook up and said she wanted to give it a shot. My father-in-law had his really old 870 (1st model 870 ever produced) and my brother-in-law had his Charles Daly auto 12 gauge. He tried to give my wife an automatic with a full mag tube of nitro tukey loads. What a moron! We told him how stupid he was for even suggesting it and let her shoot the 870 with a low brass shell in it. Good thing because after she pulled the trigger she dropped the gun.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 03-10-2009, 04:54 AM   #20
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Knock on wood haven't had any bad experiences I can recall off my head though I might be forgetting one. People are pretty friendly at the range I've found. Good bunch of folk and usually willing to BS. I only shoot at outdoor ranges. Indoor ranges tend to have a different crowd I've noticed.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.