BigFoot is DOOMED!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > BigFoot is DOOMED!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 11:52 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5995 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 428

Default BigFoot is DOOMED!!

dont get dressed up as bigfoot in texas!! its open season on the SQUATCH!!! LOLOLOL

Quote:
Killing Bigfoot OK in Texas – if he's Texan

By Jeremy A. Kaplan
Published May 08, 2012 FoxNews.com

Texas has no position on the existence of Bigfoot -- but go on, hunt it anyway.

John Lloyd Scharf, a Bigfoot fan from Oregon, emailed the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department last week about hunting unknown creatures.

Chief of staff Lt. David. Sinclair told FoxNews.com he responded with a straight description of the law -- which hinges not on whether the mythical beast exists, but on precisely how the government would label it.

“The statute that you cite (Section 61.021) refers only to game birds, game animals, fish, marine animals or other aquatic life. Generally speaking, other nongame wildlife is listed in Chapter 67 (nongame and threatened species) and Chapter 68 (nongame endangered species),” Sinclair wrote back to Scharf.

“An exotic animal is an animal that is non-indigenous to Texas. Unless the exotic is an endangered species, then exotics may be hunted on private property with landowner consent.”

The law boils down to provenance, Scharf decided. If Bigfoot is indigenous to Texas, it can be killed.

'We’ve got hundreds of sightings going back decades. I don’t think we’d have any problem proving it’s indigenous.'

- Brian Brown, the Texas Bigfoot Research Conservancy

But Sinclair told FoxNews.com his response has been taken wildly out of context.

“This guy never really alluded to Bigfoot, though it seems maybe he said something about Sasquatch,” Sinclair told FoxNews.com. “He took my statement and said that it was safe to hunt an ‘indigenous cryptid,’ whatever that is. He misquoted me.”

Scharf did not respond to several FoxNews.com requests for more information. But the rules Sinclair cites are clear: It would be legal to shoot Sasquatch.

“Nongame” means wildlife indigenous to Texas that aren’t deer, sheep, geese, alligators, or any other animal hunted for food. If the Commission doesn’t specifically list a beast -- and needless to say, Bigfoot doesn’t make the list -- it isn’t protected.

So Bigfoot a Longhorn? Absolutely, said Brian Brown, media coordinator for the Texas Bigfoot Research Conservancy.

“We’ve got hundreds of sightings going back decades. I don’t think we’d have any problem proving it’s indigenous. We think they’re all over the region,” Brown told FoxNews.com.

Oregon resident Scharf worried that the policy could be interpreted as “kill it first, ID it after.” He thinks it could even lead to premature extinction of the Bigfoot species.

“Individuals of an unknown species, and therefore not be listed as ‘endangered’ under the Endangered Species Act of 1973, could be exterminated without criminal or civil repercussions – essentially causing extinction?” he asked on an enthusiast bulletin board.

Brown argued that killing a Bigfoot is a necessary way to prove its existence.

“Our primary mission is to conserve these animals. They cannot be conserved until they are accepted as fact. They will not be accepted as fact until a type specimen is produced. It's as simple as that,” he wrote on the group’s website, texasbigfoot.com.

SUMMARY
MYSTERY MONSTERS: Legendary beast or ordinary critter? These oddities have us puzzled -- whether or not they're just stories.

Ogopogo: The world's second best-known lake monster after Scotland's Nessie, captured recently on a grainy cell phone video.

Montauk Monster: Some speculated it was an escaped mutant. Others thought it was an alien. Or was it just a raccoon?

The Carolina Critter: A bizarre creature that washed ashore last week in Folly Beach, S.C., sparked speculation of sea monsters.

Laws prevent hunters from killing people, of course. Such regulations wouldn’t govern Bigfoot, Brown told FoxNews.com.

“It’s not murder, it’s an animal,” he said. “They don’t do anything that makes you think that they’re humans or some lost tribe. They don’t really have attributes or do anything that one typically associates with humans.”

Open-minded Sasquatch seekers in the Lone Star State all seem positive that the numerous regional sightings mean something is out there.

"I have been immersed in Sasquatch research for a number of years, and I can tell you in my mind a mountain of evidence supports the existence of these creatures," Ken Gerhard, a San Antonio cryptozoologist who co-wrote "Monsters of Texas," recently told the Houston Chronicle.

Gerhard, who also heads up the Gulf Coast Bigfoot Research Organization, said Texas has one of the nation’s highest incidents of Bigfoot reports, outranked only by Washington, California, Oregon, Ohio and Florida.

That doesn’t mean the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department is tracking them, of course.

“Here at Parks and Wildlife, we don’t have any evidence that Bigfoot exists,” Sinclair told FoxNews.com.

“We don’t want to get drawn into the debate about it.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/05/08/killing-bigfoot-ok-in-texas-if-hes-texan/?intcmp=features#ixzz1uJz5MMnp

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-09-2012, 01:00 AM   #2

Liked 284 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Thats great. It would make one big a** rug though.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:09 AM   #3

Liked 806 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 921

I just might have to go to Texas.... Find the legendary Bigfoot, get rich and buy a brand new DeLorean!

Old 05-09-2012, 01:47 AM   #4

Liked 284 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 2

They do still make "brand new" ones to this day. From factory parts that have never been used before. But im still waiting for the 2013 updated version of the car on the news. So i can go back in time and get a brand new one with no miles and bring it back to the future. Sounds fun dont it?

Old 05-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #5

Liked 2761 Times on 1244 Posts
Likes Given: 2655

Having driven and repaired many DeLoreans you'd be better off throwing a saddle on Big Foot. Big Foot would probably be faster and more reliable.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3107 Times on 1786 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

What are the Big Foot hunting laws in Wisconsin?

I heard that they have a settlement somewhere above Madison.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 05-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #7

Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1423

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk View Post
They do still make "brand new" ones to this day. From factory parts that have never been used before. . .
I didn’t know there were any flux capacitors left.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5995 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
What are the Big Foot hunting laws in Wisconsin?

I heard that they have a settlement somewhere above Madison.
We are still working on breaking their union. Once thats dome open season!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #9
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Good thing Khloe Kardashian has left Texas.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #10
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 701 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I know how I'm spending my weekend now.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.