Big Trouble for Big Company
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Big Trouble for Big Company

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2014, 01:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1331 Times on 891 Posts
Likes Given: 856

Default Big Trouble for Big Company

Look up "Demoulas Market Basket" They're a pretty big regional grocery chain, that was sort of hostly taken over by the CEO's cousin. The courts backed the takeover. Well, the ousted CEO was beloved by ALL the employee's, and they so have his back. The new guard is just greedy, and are now threatening the employees with their jobs. Funny (and unusual) thing; the CUSTOMERS have the EMPLOYEES backs! I was there today after work when it's normally packed. There was almost no one there! The employees are out by the road with HONK! signs, and a lot of people are. The chain is bleeding about 10 million a day, and there are some stores that can't make payroll. So, the new guard is shooting themselves in the foot, to day the least. Interesting.

What's also interesting is that the shelves are pretty bare. No meat, bakery, dairy. The company's trucking branch is shut down. The only reason there is anything in the store is that no one is going there. I have no doubt that the place would be totally cleaned out if people were.

It's food for thought, and kind of disconcerting. This is the second time this year that has been show to us locally in 2 different grocery stores. (The other closed all their NH stores).

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Last edited by clr8ter; 08-01-2014 at 09:59 AM.
Axxe55 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-01-2014, 02:22 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1300 Times on 771 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Generally the courts are going to side with what's legal... not always what is right.

Capitalism is a wonderful thing

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-01-2014, 10:01 AM   #3

Liked 1331 Times on 891 Posts
Likes Given: 856

Really, the court has not a lot to do with this. It's more about a family fight. And it's also about their customers and employees standing up and clearly stating what they want, and then actually DOING it. Which is unusual nowadays. It's what needs to be done with the Feds on a larger scale.
I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:18 AM   #4
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7792 Times on 3988 Posts
Likes Given: 8892

The consumer has the most power in this and most situation like this. I love it when we step up and use something other than jaw-wagging to display our disapproval. The big shots in industry never want us to realize our potential, when 10% margins can mean billions or bankruptcy, it doesnt take much to shake them up or shut them down. BTW, most of our elections as of late have been decided in single digit percentages.

Lessons learned should include us realizing that anyone that takes a stand violating our rights or sensibilities can be nullified if we work together. Like Costa and a few of his Holly weird friends, if you step over the line, you and anyone that supports you dont need to profit from a single penny of my earnings or my vote...

Old 08-01-2014, 01:43 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6625 Times on 3520 Posts
Likes Given: 491

Please use the politics religion and controversy subforum for political controversial and religious topics.

Thanks.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Closed Thread