Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The big thread of Positive.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 08:56 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

OK, this is long but worthy.

I moved to the town where I live now in '95. I moved in with my Grandma, I was 23 years old. I had maybe $100 and a beater truck and some clothes. I was an alcoholic and a drug addict(recovering, but just beginning), and an overall worthless piece of crap. My Grandmother let me in her home knowing full well my problems. My Great Uncle, her brother, gave me a job knowing my problems. This continues but wanted to say, I did not let them down.

Then after having receiving Christ as my Savior I prayed asking God to introduce me to the woman he had chosen for me, when I was ready. I prayed this many times. Then one Sunday morning I went to my cousins church for some reason, I had been going to my Grandmothers church. I knew they had strange service times and I knew service was 11:30-12:30. I arrived at 11:28 or so. As I walked up I heard singing, "they've started early" I thought to myself. A little embarrassed I went on in. I found a place to stand and realized that everyone was looking at me funny. When the song finished the preacher asked a member to lead in the closing prayer! That's right, I walked in on the last 2 minutes of service.

Now keep in mind that if at any time I had of realized the service times were 10:30-11:30 I would have left or never went at all, not to mention I went out of the blue for no reason.

I left that day with a picture of a girl and a phone number. I called her, went on a blind date, and we have been together ever since. We married on May 17th 1997, 2 years to the date we met for the first time. There is no question God answered my prayers that day, she is my Angel.

As a side note,

Since then and during this time frame, my Cousin died as a result of malpractice, he was my brother in heart, my dad committed suicide with my dead cousins gun, at my cousin's dad's house(my dad's brother) on Mothers day with his mother(my grandmother but not the one that took me in) present. My Grandmother (dad's mom) lost her mind and died 2 years later. I lost a lot of ground during this time, my faith was tested and I failed, but I did not go back to drugs and all, but my relationship with God has suffered, my fault. My heart and soul long for that strong relationship again, greatly. If you are a Christian will you pray about this for me? Prayer works when in accordance with God's will and purpose.