The big thread of Positive.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The big thread of Positive.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 07:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default The big thread of Positive.

I was pleasantly surprised today at the gas station. I stopped in for some green tea and nicotine. An old import 4 banger pulled in with the bass bumping. The young driver started pumping gas into it while shirtless and sound system working overdrive. His young male passenger was obviously without a shirt as well. As I got in my truck, I saw an advanced senior lady pull up to the pump on the other side of the "pump island". Young punk motioned to his passenger when he saw her pull up and shut off her Town Car, so I paid attention.

The passenger then did something that almost blew me over. He shut off the music, got out and put on a shirt. When he headed in the elderly woman's way, I paid even closer attention. She was getting ready to swipe her card and I hear very clearly from the passenger, "Ma'am. May I pump your gas for you?"

She hesitated.

Young "punk": {parapharase} "Let me get that. My mom always taught me to help."

Lady: "You are going to pay for my gas?"

Y"P": "God no ma'am, I ain't got no money. I will pump it for you so you don't have to."

I looked around, and I noticed two other men watching as closely as I was. We all kinda noticed each other at the same time and I think we all got a shock. You just don't see the younger ones helping the elderly anymore.

I drove away and went to work with a good feeling for the future.

Now, what makes you feel good for the future every once in a while? It might just be a teeny ray of sunshine hope that all is not lost that has given you the good vibes.

Post those positive thoughts or recent experiences.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-21-2010, 07:36 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I was 2/3 through my second 14 hr day in a row, fixing the water purification equipment in a public housing project 150 miles away. The residents were not hostile but not welcoming, one little boy smiled and waved back at me but was quickly called inside. My co-worker said "Doesn't it make you feel good to drag up here and bust your butt to fix their water and know you'll be taxed to pay for it?"
An hour or so later, as we worked on the next building, a nice looking 30 something lady came out and asked what we were doing. We explained, she said "Do you believe in Jesus? You guys are the answer to my prayers. This water is terrible, thank you so much for doing this."
I get paid for what I do. I don't expect thanks, but it does make you feel good once in a while.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:25 AM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2872 Times on 1659 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

I know it is not much, but on some of the toll bridges, I will pay for the car behind me (especially if I know they are from out of state). It just makes me feel better.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-21-2010, 10:11 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Nice to know there are some kind people still out there. Also goes to show sometimes you can't judge a book by its cover.

Here I felt good because I saved a turtle from getting hit.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-21-2010, 03:35 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Let me share one that I generally keep to myself, because people think I'm strange when I tell it, but since you all already think I'm strange.....

I was young, and in Georgia, and desperately needed to get back here. I had a paycheck, but the banks were closed. It was dark, and fog was getting thick. I was resigned to spending the night sitting on a bench, and hoping everything was okay at home.

A taxi rolled up. It shouldn't have been there, no reason for it to be there at all. Asked me if I needed a ride, I explained I had no cash, just the check.

He told me they might be able to cash it at the taxi station, if they could, we'd square up, if not, at least I was in town in the morning.

They did cash the check, the driver got me out to the airport.

The guy at the ticket counter, Prince (that was his name) told me my ticket was twice the amount I had. He saw my face, and stared at me, and started typing. He found me a flight leaving in 10 minutes, the fare left me enough to make it to the house.

None of this stuff should have occurred the way it did. I don't know if it was God, Karma, or what, but it was 25 years ago, and I've never forgotten it.

Old 08-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

My Collector's Edition Widescreen "Conan the Barbarian" just arrived in the mail.

Positive for me, but probably bad for you guys.

Old 08-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

While at the range yesterday and elderly couple arrived. The man was taking his wife shooting for the first time. They stayed for a little while and were very nice.

I just think little old couples are cute.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:05 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Nice to know there are some kind people still out there. Also goes to show sometimes you can't judge a book by its cover.
This goes two ways.
I know some people that will go to church, sing, act all nice and make eye contact when speaking to people. As soon as they are out of sight from everyone, BAM!, they are horrible people. Defacing road signs and always looking for trouble to get into.

Then again, I know this one dude who seems to be an absolute punk. He is usually pretty mean, smokes and drinks a lot. As soon as he is out of sight from everyone, BAM!, he shows his heart of gold. Mowing other peoples lawns for free, helping the elderly and just RNDM good deeds.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Old 08-21-2010, 04:13 PM   #9

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Excellent thread there, Skull, thanks for that and thanks for your story. There is still hope out there!

Old 08-21-2010, 04:49 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

This is good. More stories please, we could use a positive lift.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams