That is a big Rat

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > That is a big Rat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 07:35 PM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2024 Times on 1183 Posts
Likes Given: 4297

Default That is a big Rat

Mother of Pearls that is a big Rat!

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article18606111.ab

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2589961/Monster-15-inch-rat-terrorises-Swedish-family-chewing-CONCRETE-wall-make-home-kitchen.html#ixzz2xASXv5eZ

Ratigan: The gigantic rat measured 15in from nose to the base of its tail, and made its way into the flat in north Stockholm by chewing through the wall

The family did not discover their gigantic guest until it was time to take out the bins.

‘I was terrified. It was so huge that I barely saw what it was and I jumped up on the kitchen table,’ Signe Bengtsson-Korsås told Aftonbladet.

The rat had made itself comfortable behind the family’s dishwasher and even caused a leak by chewing its way through the waterpipes.

Despite attempts from Mrs Bengtsson-Korsås and her two children to scare the rodent, the ‘Viking rat’ only grew bolder and eventually dared to venture out on the kitchen floor.

Exterminators were called in and placed industry-sized traps to catch the rat, and less than a day later one of them snapped.

However, when the family checked, the trap was gone. The rat was so powerful that it had carried the trap with it, snapped around its neck.

‘It didn’t die when it went into the trap, but scurried away. It went underneath a wooden plant, where it got stuck and choked itself to death,’ Mr Bengtsson-Korsås said.

‘It was the biggest rat I have ever seen, and it looked like itwas in good shape as the fur was nice,’ he added.

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 03-27-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2014, 07:42 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

But did it lay eggs???

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 03-27-2014, 07:56 PM   #3

Liked 314 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 65

I have eight cats, three of whom are Maine Coons and that rat is bigger than all my cats EXCEPT the Maine Coons. I would be afraid that unless the Kitty Committee gangs up on that rat they would lose a fight.

Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949

Old 03-27-2014, 10:31 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Yeah that rat would be a team effort! I have a Maine Coon, and he's a big cat maybe 15 lbs. It would probably take the other cat and the two dogs to take down that rat!

1395955868770.jpg  

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:51 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I think ole Speck would've loved that for a two week snack; he was a 8.5' Burmese when I had to find him a new family with less edible siblings.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 03-28-2014, 03:52 AM   #6
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2024 Times on 1183 Posts
Likes Given: 4297

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
Yeah that rat would be a team effort! I have a Maine Coon, and he's a big cat maybe 15 lbs. It would probably take the other cat and the two dogs to take down that rat!
The rat measured 15 inches, without its tail, and had made it into the family’s flat by gnawing a tunnel between a wooden panel and concrete.

Wonder if the rat had offspring?

Time to pull out the 12-gauge 00 Buckshot.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:10 AM   #7

Liked 314 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I think ole Speck would've loved that for a two week snack; he was a 8.5' Burmese when I had to find him a new family with less edible siblings.
This was on a another forum I post to regularly under the title "Everybody loves Cat Pictures." It made me sad, so thought that I would share.

Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949
orangello Likes This 
Old 03-28-2014, 04:17 AM   #8

Liked 434 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 1292

When I was a kid used to shoot rats a a chicken farm it is reall amazing how big these rats can get and also how aggressive they can be.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

People Like This 
Old 03-28-2014, 04:23 AM   #9

Liked 2397 Times on 1403 Posts
Likes Given: 539

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingMind View Post
This was on a another forum I post to regularly under the title "Everybody loves Cat Pictures." It made me sad, so thought that I would share.

Mmm cat is tasty if prepared right.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:32 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 185 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Default Big Rat

When I was a kid, I used to play in the basement of our apartment building. The basement had 3 small holes (one about the size of a softball, one baseball sized and one golf ball sized) in the sewer that allowed water to drain from rain storms since the garage door was downhill from the surrounding lot. However, holes to drain out water also lets rats into the basement. One day I went downstairs to play and ran smack into the biggest Norway rat I had ever seen. It was about the same size as the one pictured - bigger than a cat! I ran back upstairs and told my mother about it and, of course, she didn't believe me so I grabbed my BB gun and away I went to bag that rascal. After about 50 or so BB's it succumbed, but luckily, it must have been already close to death because it didn't try to escape or attack me. When Mom saw the body, she freaked out and, of course, I was punished for not telling her...motherly logic. ;}

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh