Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Big deal.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #11
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6965 Times on 4190 Posts
Likes Given: 8385

If the officer was as close as stated in the article, why couldn't he have recognized it was a pen in the man's hand?

Old 09-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #12

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
However, don't corner a cop, waving an object and act surprised when bad **** happens.
True. But as was mentioned earlier, this could VERY easily have been deescalated by simply... Pulling the wheelchair backwards.

I've suffered traumatic experiences. I don't shoot people anymore.

Some who have read my life experiences know that I've had a bad run-in with a farmer and a shovel. I have since then had pissed off people wave shovels at me. No one died.

It's called simply thinking. Asses a situation. Not everyone can make a perfect snap decision, I know I can't, and I'm sure the officer honestly thought he chose the best course of action at that moment, and I'm a firm believer in the words "he who hesitates, dies". Situational awareness is key.

The officer who did the shooting, if he simply "looked" and made himself "aware", could very easily have seen this man was a double amputee, wheelchair bound, and his partner had not drawn his weapon (or a non lethal device, assuming by lack of mention in the article). Therefore, NOT a threat to be met with deadly force.

Aye, he needs more than a thee day paid vacation. He needs a new job. I honestly wouldn't be worried about it if he'd beaned the guy on the head with a baton. But shooting? No. SA.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1817 Times on 1296 Posts
Likes Given: 2052

Default Wits end.....

If this is what we have to look forward too...,,,,,, Arm your selves.....The Drones are next........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 09-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #14
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5895 Times on 2917 Posts
Likes Given: 6253

I was taught as a child that the Man with the Gun and the Badge were #1 our friends and #2, in charge. Dont Argue, fuss or fight with them ever or you will get whats coning to you and likely it could cause you death or at least hard times in your near future.

I still believe this is the case but we are seeing way too many situations where LEO's are Becoming, Judge, Jury and sadly Executioner in this nation. We all know just how dangerous the job is and thats exactly why many choose other careers like The Army or working with High Voltage and dangerous Machinery Like me!

If this guy doesnt turn in his badge and sidearm voluntarily, it should happen anyways without his admission of extremely poor judgement! Can you imaging the conversations in the locker room? What did you do tonight Sam? I took down 5 drug Dealers and a Baby Raper! How bout you Tom, " Oh I shot a One legged man in an ass kicking contest!

Old 09-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #15

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38
I was taught as a child that the Man with the Gun and the Badge were #1 our friends and #2, in charge.
True. My son asked me why I can't stand LA state troopers though. I explained it to him in gritty detail. The city cops and sheriff's department are fine. They try, often with their hands tied, to help their communities. Solving crimes, helping people, preventing crimes, so on, and so forth, many other things you'll never hear about or see on the news, that I've only become privy to because I work for the city now.

Then I told him I hate the state troopers because I see them benefiting the community that pays them in NO way whatsoever. These here are nothing but a strong arm racketeering outfit. Worse part? They do nothing that the SD can't handle, and the SD can handle it more effectively, respectably, efficiently and professionally. Troop F of the Louisiana state police are thugs. The FBI have raided the SD several times recently, and they're more trusted and respected around here than the troopers. Go figure.