Big Bang Theory of Gaming - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Big Bang Theory of Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 10:17 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsmeShane View Post
they are fun to play. just lets you escape reality for a while. I dont play for very long before either getting frustrated and or tired of sitting in front of the TV. an hour at most and im done.

I do not understand however, how people can sit in front of the TV all day long playing games.

There is a guy I work with who has played so many games that they have warped his mind. he called me friday morning to wish me merry christmas and tell me he got modern warfare 2 and when I got on later to play for a while. he was near the end of the game already.

THis has also interacted with his hunting habits, He bought a shotgun and have been looking for a rifle to hunt with, and most of the time when he talks about hunting, it always comes out something along the lines of "id buy that gun if I knew it would blow the deer away"

I used to think it was crazy that people could blame video games being the cause some guy goes and shoots up his school. but after working with this guy for 2 years. I believe fully now that video games if played enough can take over a persons mind and that can very well lead to negative things.

I'm with you there. I've only really played as a nightttime escape when there's nothing good on TV (and dialup is doing my head in lol), but I know one guy seriously addicted. To the extent of deciding it's better to keep on playing than bothering to stop to eat...he might not be of the mindset to blow sh*t up IRL, but living like this, well you don't end up having a life anwyay

Old 12-28-2009, 10:59 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
I'm with you there. I've only really played as a nightttime escape when there's nothing good on TV (and dialup is doing my head in lol), but I know one guy seriously addicted. To the extent of deciding it's better to keep on playing than bothering to stop to eat...he might not be of the mindset to blow sh*t up IRL, but living like this, well you don't end up having a life anwyay
this dude is bad man, and his parents encourage it which is the worst part. besides shooting games he is really heavy in to racing games (need for speed, forza, etc.) well those also have warped his mind, he was having a hard time buying that gun. the guy selling it only shot it a few times, it is a stoeger p-350 for 250 bucks. he was leaning hard away from that for putting NOS in his car. I told him, dude that is the biggest waste of money man, you do know that a gun can put food on your family's table. what is NOS going to do for you? not a thing, I was like you would get better use out of that money wiping your @$$ with it.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #13

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've picked up a few games but I don't have the attention span or the patience to stay with them for very long. A couple I have require a mouse with a mousewheel to access "items." I have a LogiTech marble mouse and it works very well for anything else I do on the computer. And, they don't have the option in the setup menu to choose some other way to do so. Ghost Recon (first one) is that way but Ghost Recon 2 allows modification. I s**tcanned Gears of War because I couldn't get past a section. After 3 hours of frustration, I uninstalled the game and tossed the whole mess into a box in my back bedroom.

Needless to say, I'm not a gamer even though I do spend a lot of time on the computer.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:06 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I hate playing games on the computer. I play mine on the 360. 46" HDTV vs a 20" computer monitor. thats a no brainer there. plus sitting on my bed is a lot more comfortable than sitting in this computer chair.