Big Band music. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Big Band music.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post
I was fortunate to have my grandparents introduce me to this wonderful music when I was a kid.
I, too, had grandparents that loved this music and introduced me to it. They had what they called a "Victrola" (but it wasn't because it wasn't a wind-up machine) in the front room and my grandfather would put on the old lacquer 78s (those records with one song on each side and broke if you dropped them...for those too young to have seen or handled these classic discs) of all the Big Band songs that were popular during the 30s and 40s. When I got older and my grandparents felt I was responsible enough to not drop these records, I was allowed to put them on myself.

Somewhere in one of the boxes I've never unpacked, I've got the classic collection of all these favorites on CD. I'm going to have to go dig them out and just spend one weekend quietly enjoying the music from a time before the "electronic revolution" ... where the internet, cell phones and television didn't exist as the predominant source of entertainment.