Bible Prophecy and Current events - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Bible Prophecy and Current events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 08:48 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I just want to add, the Bible is compilation of the Gospels that where considered at the time to be polically correct for the emerging church, I think there is a lot more to be found in those Gospels that where not included.....However I too will stand with those who would defend your rights to believe, and practice your faith............

Old 05-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #62

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
I just want to add, the Bible is compilation of the Gospels that where considered at the time to be polically correct for the emerging church, I think there is a lot more to be found in those Gospels that where not included.....However I too will stand with those who would defend your rights to believe, and practice your faith............

Check out Bibles from the 17th and 18th century that contain the Apocryphal books - books that were not included in the "modern" Bibles for whatever reason. They do not detract from the Bible's message, but make interesting reading nonetheless.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 05-18-2008, 10:08 PM   #63

Default not sure about the Gospels being poiticaly correct

During the time of the writing of the Gospels the church was not the place to be for political correctness I think. Being caught practising Christianity would get you killed. All new Testament writers but John were killed by the Roman government.

Even today under Janet Reno's tenure she was able to get Christianity technically defined as a cult here in he US because it was based on the blood of Jesus. Specifically our practice taking communion because of its symbols of wine and bread representing the blood and body of Christ. Bet a lot of people didn't know that. Also because of that designation as being defined as a cult it is legal reason our courts will not allow the Bible or anything relating to Christianity being taught in any government supported entity. Go ahead and try to take a case to court to allow your child to bring in and read their Bible in school and see what happens.

Notice too how those government officials who support the basis that our country was founded on are being removed. Some quietly and a few not so quietly. My SS source tells me that President Bush still gets warned all the time about starting meetings and events with prayer. He does it anyhow.

I had the honour of hearing how President Bush prays for our country. Those that mock him for that should be ashamed.

My thanks to all of you that stand by our right to worship our God.

Just because you don't believe in something is not going to stop it from happening.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:36 AM   #64

I This is what I was Taught, and understand to be correct, Just for the Record, I am not A Preacher, nor do I attend any Organized Religious Services of any kind, I was raise that one does not have to go to church, to believe in GOD. The King James Version is my Bible.

Genesis Chapter 3, Is where a Prophecy was made, which in short was when GOD cast Adam and eve out of the Garden, the Short term is that because of their wrong doing the serpent would Bruise the man in the heal, and that the Man would Bruise the Serpent in the head, ( the first is not fatal, where the second is) the statement goes on to curse the Serpent saying that on his belly he would travel and the dust he would eat all the days of his life, and to the woman he said that from this time onward, she would suffer pain bearing children.

This Prophecy was held to throughout the writings of the Bible, showing the blood line of the family of Adam and Eve, up until the Flood then the Blood Line was continued through Noah and his Family, up to Joseph and Mary when Jesus was born to fulfill the Prophecy of the seed, that would bruise the Serpent in the head, and to cleanse us of our sins, Jesus was put to death on the cross and was risen to prove the Resurrection was possible and would come to pass for those that were faithful, The serpent was given the Earth to Rule somewhere along the way prior to the Flood and in the book of Revelation he will be dealt with, when he will be put into the pit bound for a thousand years, and at the end of that time, he will be loosed, to again gather all he can to follow him, after that time he will be bruised in the head thrown into the pit never to return, which GOD said would happen in the book of Genesis. I did not go into detail as I did not want to attempt to hold to the exact Scripture, only to say that the Prophecy was given in Genesis and will be totally fulfilled in the book of Revelation, The entire writing is to record the events, and blood line, to show truth to the Fulfillment of the Prophecy.

I do not ask you to accept this only to relay that which I was taught, look it up, and prove it for yourself; do not take my word as the bottom line.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:29 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by npbwbass View Post
During the time of the writing of the Gospels the church was not the place to be for political correctness I think. Being caught practising Christianity would get you killed. All new Testament writers but John were killed by the Roman government.

Even today under Janet Reno's tenure she was able to get Christianity technically defined as a cult here in he US because it was based on the blood of Jesus. Specifically our practice taking communion because of its symbols of wine and bread representing the blood and body of Christ. Bet a lot of people didn't know that. Also because of that designation as being defined as a cult it is legal reason our courts will not allow the Bible or anything relating to Christianity being taught in any government supported entity. Go ahead and try to take a case to court to allow your child to bring in and read their Bible in school and see what happens.

Notice too how those government officials who support the basis that our country was founded on are being removed. Some quietly and a few not so quietly. My SS source tells me that President Bush still gets warned all the time about starting meetings and events with prayer. He does it anyhow.

I had the honour of hearing how President Bush prays for our country. Those that mock him for that should be ashamed.

My thanks to all of you that stand by our right to worship our God.
As far as they are concerned it's not Separation or Church and State, it's Separation of the Jesus of the Bible and State. They teach our kids about witchcraft and atheism with Harry Potter and crap like The Golden Compass. I had one of my teens from youth group that was told she couldn't read her Bible in school. If it was the Qur`an there would have been the ACLU all over it, but since it was the Bible, ah, ah, ah Separation of Church and State.

Liberals And Moderates Hate Me!!

Just remember, Hitler gave great speeches too.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:18 AM   #66

I get very nervous when guns are pointed at me.............

Old 05-20-2008, 07:42 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
I get very nervous when guns are pointed at me.............
Hehe, point one back.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:53 PM   #68

..KellyJ the King James version,,is plain as day..
.Let us not to forget to assemble areselves together
even the much more as the end is coming,
Question???Why dont you want to go to church for yourself?
my statement might not be wright on the letter,but its in the
Holy Bible, myself i feal you were taught wrong..

Old 05-20-2008, 09:13 PM   #69

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Be careful. Religion is a very, very dangerous topic. There are some religious AND anti-religious zealots, who think that if you don't believe in what they believe, or don't believe, you are an idiot! Islam takes that one step further. If you don't believe their version, you should die.

There is very little physical evidence for most religious beliefs, that's why they call it "faith." How many wars and millions of violent deaths have there been in the name of religion? What is the "one true religion?" Some think any and all religious belief is hocus pocus.

Without revealing my personal beliefs, which are none of any body's business, there is a series of books currently in print and circulation that tries to connect the end times (believed by most religions) to current events. The first novel in the series is entitled "The Last Jihad," and the latest (5th) book is called "Dead Heat." I don't know how many total will be in the series. Amazon calls them political thrillers, and the ones I've read so far is like reading today's headlines. They are available at Amazon.com and Costco stores. Probably other places too.

Let's be adult and show respect for those who may disagree with our personal views on religion. We're all friends here.

Bible Prophecy and Current events - The Club House
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 05-20-2008, 09:38 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post
There is very little physical evidence for most religious beliefs, that's why they call it "faith." How many wars and millions of violent deaths have there been in the name of religion? What is the "one true religion?" Some think any and all religious belief is hocus pocus.
You're right, you have the right not to tell us your religious beliefs just as if we want we should have the right to express ours. That's actually what is our common thread is that we are totally about rights and not having them infringed.

On the statement about millions of people being killed for religion, just remember 6 million Jews where killing in the name of Atheism and Evolution. It's not necessarily about religion more than personal worldviews.