Bible Prophecy and Current events - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Bible Prophecy and Current events

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 03:59 PM   #41
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
The purpose of this thread was to see if anyone could connect prophecy to current events. ie. how does one effect the other.
If past references to future events are sufficiently vague, it becomes pretty easy to call those reference prophetic if it's your inclination to believe the past references. (It's like newspaper horoscopes: any given day of the week, any one of them could refer to your or your circumstances, regardless of when your birthday is.)

Sometimes, though, when specific events are prophesied and they have come true recently and they portend some very interesting (good or bad) events to follow, I'll admit it gets intriguing.
__________________
bkt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:00 PM   #42
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I SO want that .gif as a regular option for the forum. That's awesome... LOL
There are a lot of smilies out there. Maybe Notdku can increase the selection. Then again, we can always just use words or cheat like I did and link to an external image.
__________________
bkt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:08 AM   #43
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
npbwbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 112
Default there is plenty

If you are interested in prophecy check my friend Chuck's site
http://www.khouse.org/

It way cool and I have known Chuck for years now.

__________________

npbwbass

Just because you don't believe in something is not going to stop it from happening.

npbwbass is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:14 PM   #44
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 332
Default

It is only a fool who doesn't recognize god the creator of all good

__________________

IN A WORLD OF COMPROMISE SOME DON'T H&K
GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT :D :D
GOD BLESS THE NRA :D :D
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
VOTE PRO GUN ONLY
SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT

h&k bigdaddydieseldan is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:40 AM   #45
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RL357Mag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Albany,New York
Posts: 3,251
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
By and large, The Bible is a collection of fables that were handed down from generation to generation. There is no prophecy, only lessons to be learned.
You say that as if it's a fact and not your opinion.
If you researched it just a little, you would see that almost ALL Bible Prophesy has been fulfilled. The Old Testament prophesies were all fulfilled beginning with the birth of Christ, then his betrayal, progressing to his death, and then fulfillment of certain prophesies by the Apostles and the "Church" afterwards. Considering the fact that His birth, betrayal, death by crucifixion, and ressurection were prophesied in detail almost 1500 years earlier than those events actually occured, I would say that makes a pretty good case for fulfillment of prophesy! In fact, I would offer that end-time prophesies are currently being fulfilled! Incidentally, the recent discoveries of Dead Sea scrolls have verified the accuracy and validity of the modern Bible translations, as well as Archaeological discoveries verifying actual people, places, and things mentioned in the scriptures. I am currently on my third pass through the Bible, because it is impossible to absorb everything in one pass, since the various books are not assembled in chronological order throughout.
__________________
Guns Have Only Two Enemies-Rust and Politicians
"The United States Constitution (c) 1791 - All Rights Reserved"
If Guns Kill, Do Pencils Mis-spell Words?
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 05-15-2008 at 02:57 AM.
RL357Mag is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:44 AM   #46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RL357Mag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Albany,New York
Posts: 3,251
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by watfreedom View Post
dont make me break out my numbchucks!! if anyone has any bible prophecy
to share please do. dont be scared , there's nothing wrong with free speech/discussion. after all the bible says we will be ridiculed for believing.
"worry is faith in reverse"(saw that on a church sign)
How very true! I believe the term used in the bible is "persecuted" not ridiculed. If someone wants to ridicule me - hey have at it...but if your intent is to persecute me, be forewarned I do have a carry permit...lol
__________________
Guns Have Only Two Enemies-Rust and Politicians
"The United States Constitution (c) 1791 - All Rights Reserved"
If Guns Kill, Do Pencils Mis-spell Words?
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 05-15-2008 at 02:46 AM.
RL357Mag is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:54 AM   #47
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RL357Mag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Albany,New York
Posts: 3,251
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by npbwbass View Post
Paul the apostle tells us Christians that without Love we are a clanging cymbal in any effort to teach about Jesus. While all of this post is an interesting read with good scripture the bottom line is what is our motivation when we witness? Is it to prove a point, or out of genuine love for our fellow man? I will tell you unless it it out of true love for your fellow man you will be wasting your time in any argument. The Bible does not teach that without God I can do everything but just the opposite. Without God we can do nothing.

By nature man is a proud creature and does not like the idea of one greater than himself. Thus the resistance to an Loving but Almighty God and the popularity of humanism.

I personally cannot comprehend living my life without Christ in my heart. To those who can live their life without God as their center I feel that their faith is greater than mine. I think with the evidence of our universe that it takes much more faith to believe that there is no God than to believe in God.

Well said and Amen! "The word will be preached throughout all the inhabited Earth and then the end will come" That's why witnessing takes place, and I believe that all who know Christ do not fear the end - they welcome it.
__________________
Guns Have Only Two Enemies-Rust and Politicians
"The United States Constitution (c) 1791 - All Rights Reserved"
If Guns Kill, Do Pencils Mis-spell Words?
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
RL357Mag is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:05 PM   #48
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
npbwbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 112
Default a little prophecy for the curious

For some who read the newspapers and are curious about Biblical prophecy check out Matthew chapter 24: 3-14 below

3 And as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? And what shall be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the world?
4 And Jesus answered and said to them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many will come in My name, saying, I am Christ, and will deceive many.
6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled, for all these things must occur; but the end is not yet.
7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines and pestilences and earthquakes in different places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 Then they will deliver you up to be afflicted and will kill you. And you will be hated of all nations for My name's sake.
10 And then many will be offended, and will betray one another, and will hate one another.
11 And many false prophets will rise and deceive many.
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many will become cold.
13 But he who endures to the end, the same shall be kept safe.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be proclaimed in all the world as a witness to all nations. And then the end shall come.


Verse 7 does have some impact in the news now. I have been hesitating to bring prophecy to discussion here in this forum because there are other forums that cover religion and its subjects. But if anyone is interested I have been a student of the Bible for a very long time (don't want to give away too much on my age lol). I only answer Bible questions with scripture and an brief explanation if required. The Bible has some really cool detailed and proven prophecy in it. I don't argue as that is a pointless effort and that is taught in the scriptures too. But the main reason I don't argue is because the contrary to the common belief the Gospel is an announcement, not a discussion.

__________________

npbwbass

Just because you don't believe in something is not going to stop it from happening.

npbwbass is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #49
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RL357Mag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Albany,New York
Posts: 3,251
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by npbwbass View Post
I don't argue as that is a pointless effort and that is taught in the scriptures too. But the main reason I don't argue is because the contrary to the common belief the Gospel is an announcement, not a discussion.

Very True! I used to be the MIS mgr. of a very large teaching hospital in Ct. Hospitals are magnets for the secular/liberal mindset, as is the state of Ct.. Needless to say my views on God and guns made me VERY unpopular, and my refusal to keep silent about my convictions are the reason I now have my own business!
__________________
Guns Have Only Two Enemies-Rust and Politicians
"The United States Constitution (c) 1791 - All Rights Reserved"
If Guns Kill, Do Pencils Mis-spell Words?
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
RL357Mag is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:12 PM   #50
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fluffo63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 184
Default

..One more Reply.........A CARNIL MIND WILL (NOT UNDERSTAND)
THE (WORD OF GOD ALMIGHTY)
just is not meant to be,and will not change..so you must be (BORN AGAIN)
to (UNDERSTAND) you can Reply all you want,still you wont (UNDERSTAND)
......SORRY.....

__________________

..I UPHOLD THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BARE-ARMS..

fluffo63 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Couple Ordered to Stop Holding Bible Study at Home Without Permit crowbar Politics, Religion and Controversy 12 05-31-2009 12:42 AM
Current Affairs ridgerunner Politics, Religion and Controversy 5 03-25-2009 01:34 PM
What events stand out in your mind? hillbilly68 The Club House 41 01-21-2009 01:20 AM
Current Status (Polls) SGT-MILLER Politics, Religion and Controversy 2 10-27-2008 09:49 AM