Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Best Zombie Book/Movie (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/best-zombie-book-movie-92033/)

txpossum 06-09-2013 02:41 PM

Best Zombie Book/Movie

My vote for the best Zombie book is World War Z. Great read. The upcoming movie by the same name does not look like it follows the book very closely, think they just boufght the rights so they could use the name.

My vote for best Zombie movie is the ORIGINAL Dawn of the Dead, directed by the godfather of zombie, George Romero, in 1978.

Gatoragn 06-09-2013 02:42 PM

Zombieland, of course. :cool:

txpossum 06-09-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatoragn (Post 1271923)
Zombieland, of course. :cool:

You didn't post your vote for the best book.

Zombieland was good, but it did not evoke the sheer terror that the original dawn of the dead did.

Ever see Zombie Strippers?

Gatoragn 06-09-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpossum (Post 1271929)
You didn't post your vote for the best book.

Zombieland was good, but it did not evoke the sheer terror that the original dawn of the dead did.

Ever see Zombie Strippers?

Hmmm, I don't recall reading any zombie books. If I do come up something that qualifies, I'll get back to you on that.

James Lee Burke has some characters with zombie qualities in his books. Clete Purcell could be a zombie in a white hat. :p

yazul42 06-09-2013 03:18 PM

" The Zombie Survival Guide " by Max Brooks, is a plethora of zombie information, from the solanum virus to weapons, tactics, and a host of scenario options concerning dealing with any outbreak. It reads like somewhat like a military manual and is quite entertaining in my opinion.
The Romero classic remains a favorite for many zombiephiles,,and now I have heard the term " ZILF " on a larger radio station in Toledo Oh., some folks just aren't right, but funny.

zaitsev44 06-09-2013 03:20 PM

I read 30 or so pages of World War Z and it was good, the movie looks good. My favorite zombie movie has to be a tie between the Resident Evil series and 28 Days Later. Zombieland and Shawn of the Dead were good spoofs.

clr8ter 06-09-2013 03:31 PM

World War Z the book was very good. Only one I've read. Movies....Dawn of the Dead. The one that came out in 2000-something. I have seen one other zombie movie, but it was ridiculous. (The one with the girl with a machine gun for a leg)

FL-panhandle 06-09-2013 04:43 PM

The Return Man by Zito is a current zombie book that's pretty good.
The western US is a contained Infected Zombie zone and people from the east (safe zone) hire this guy to go into the infected area to find loved ones. As the title implies, the book revolves around the return man and his dealings with zombies and people back east
I highly recommend it. Very good read and a little different slant on the usual zombie fare

HockaLouis 06-09-2013 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Creature From Jekyll Island. Zombies LOVE it!

The Zombie Survival Guide is awful even as the silly joke it was intended to be at the time.

Not sure I ever saw a zombie movie except maybe the ones with Milla Jovovich. Seen 'em all.

badman400 06-09-2013 05:04 PM

I like the Zombie books by Jonathan Maberry. There are several in the "Rot & Ruin", (Rot & Ruin, Flesh & Bone, Dust & Decay), series and in the Joe Ledger series of novels by the same author. Haven't read World War Z yet, but am planning to soon.

As far as movies. I like Dawn of the Dead as "The Original", but also have to give mention to Resident Evil and I Am Legend. Those Zombies in "Legend" were just absolutely terrifying. The one at the end that was getting smart, except for ramming his head into the bullet proof glass, has to take the Scariest Zombie Ever award. :eek:

ETA: Hugh Howey wrote the Silo (WOOL) series of Zombie books, (First Shift, Second Shift, & Third Shift), and they are good as well.