Best Value - Firearm Safe - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Best Value - Firearm Safe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2008, 03:40 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

all that has been shown here still dont have the fire rating mine dus and the thickness of the door and wall is like the first thing on the page but every one has the right to get what there money can offer

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress....
But then I repeat myself.
-Mark Twain

Old 04-08-2008, 04:11 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well Gnoll I don't agree, the AMSEC BF Series has a 90 minute fire rating at 2300 degrees, the Sportsman Safe webpage won't even tell you how long the safe is fireproof for, and in addition they won't tell you just how thick the metal is they build their safe out of.
As far as Cannon goes, their safe might stand up to an even test of the cheapest safe AMSEC builds. AMSEC offers three different strength Gun Safes lines, Not three different safes.
I bought the AMSEC BF Series safes twice because to get a stronger safe I would have had to pay four times as much and that safe (also made by AMSEC part #7236) weighs 4,000 pounds. As a Locksmith/ Gun Dealer part of my job is to drill open& repair safes. I have drilled many safes including Fort Knox, Cannon and AMSEC. I bought the best because I have a real problem with thieves and I just wanted to buy the best safe out there one time!
I can also understand if you aren't gonna put $100,000 worth of guns in yours, hey if you want a cheaper safe, well you've seen those. If you wanna save money heck man, just take a trip over to COSTCO, they have a decent safe for under a grand.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:17 AM   #13

"Sportsman Gun Safes with 1" Solid Steel Hardplate, 2300 Degree Ceramic and 2" Jig-Saw Doors are by far the best gun safes in the USA! The fact that we've never had a door broken into in 28 years is ample evidence!

but i have to say i cant find the amount of time it is rated for on the site it use to say but it is 90 min as well
and this is piont less so im out

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress....
But then I repeat myself.
-Mark Twain

Last edited by gnoll; 04-08-2008 at 04:20 AM.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:41 PM   #14

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

This link has some helpful information on gun safes.

http://www.internetarmory.com/safes.htm

Old 04-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #15

very good info at the website. thanks, Hank!

movie zombie