Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Best Hunting Stories (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/best-hunting-stories-86034/)

springfield45wv 03-08-2013 01:08 AM

Best Hunting Stories

Tell us yourbest hunting stories

lbwar15 03-08-2013 01:32 AM

I drowned a deer once. Lol

springfield45wv 03-08-2013 02:41 AM

I made one jump off a cliff

savageman97 03-08-2013 04:21 AM

I fought one..... Not as cool as it sounds. I shot it and immediately walked up to it thinking it was a one shot kill and when I walked up it hopped up and ran me over

lbwar15 03-08-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savageman97
I fought one..... Not as cool as it sounds. I shot it and immediately walked up to it thinking it was a one shot kill and when I walked up it hopped up and ran me over

I made the mistake of walking up to a deer I had just shot once. I shot, it dropped. I got out the stand and got 1/2 way to the deer. About that time I heard some start blowing. Then I seem about 6 take off. I was in a hole heard of them.

Now if I see it drop I just stay in the stand. Just in case another one comes up. (Wich has happend)

c3shooter 03-08-2013 02:20 PM

Was duck hunting with a surgeon friend- in a small boat. Cold, lousy, rainy- and we have seen ZIP in the way of ducks. Suddenly, there appears ONE duck- headed down the river in Zone 5 afterburner- going like crazy.

Doc snaps his shotgun up, and cracks at round off at this duck that had been flying straight at us. Wings appeared to lock, and the flight turned into a dive.

Ever see the film footage from WW 2- when the kamikaze start their final dive onto the ship?

Duck hit Doc square in the chest at full speed- knocking him out of the boat into the shallows.

I learned 3 new words I had never heard before. At least his shotgun stayed in the boat, even if he didn't.

willshoum 03-08-2013 02:22 PM

One eyed dog......

I once killed two rabbits in one shot. At night, they died happy........The same with coons, a male and female that had just bred and was face to face on a tree limb.... Two fer one.........:eek:

eatmydust 03-08-2013 02:33 PM

Hey c3, would Whiskey Tango Foxtrot pretty much some it up? LMFAO!:D

willshoum 03-08-2013 02:33 PM

Father knows best...............

I was about the age 12, my father had some of the best beagles in the state. We were hunting one morning with 5 dogs. We thought they had jumped a deer by the way they were barking. All of a sudden 3 swamp rabbits run out of the woods into an open field......Big mistake, my father shot the last one, then the second, and then the first. I marked it off, It was a sixty yard shot.... I got to carry the load home......He was shooting a 12 gauge model 1100 with full choke......:D

eatmydust 03-08-2013 02:46 PM

Back when I was in my teens, my father had a farm just across the road from a private hunting reserve. We used to get plenty of pheasant and bobwhite over on our farm.

Every weekend during small game season, we'd be out with some decent bird dogs, huntin'em up. One morning we were up in the back side of the property, in the woods, working thru some thick stuff. I had to relieve my self, No.1, and everybody halted, so that we didn't get out of line. Just as I was shakin' off the last drops, one of the dogs busted a cockbird (no pun intended), it came out of some thick briars just off to my right.

Didn't even put my boyhood back in my pants, just picked up my Winchester 1200 and knocked that bird down.

Best non-beer piss I ever took!:D