Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Best Concert (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/best-concert-31840/)

AusLach 09-17-2010 07:40 AM

Best Concert

I went to the Tim McGraw concert in Brisbane last night and have to say it was one of the most entertaining performances I've seen. I knew the bloke could sing but didn't know how well until he sang his version of Elton John's 'Tiny Dancer'... IMPRESSIVE!

What has been your favourite concert and which band/artist do you regret having missed live?

CGO 09-17-2010 09:54 AM

I think the first concert I went to was my favorite.
Led Zeppelin in Oakland,CA

I would like to see Alan Jackson but I don't think that's going to happen.

NGIB 09-17-2010 10:27 AM

Saw the Doobie Bros in the early 70's - amazing show. Also saw Earth, Wind & Fire during the 70's and their show was great as well. Haven't been to a concert since the 70's now that I think about it. My wife saw Elton John in NYC a few years ago and she reported it was absolutely great...

spittinfire 09-17-2010 01:19 PM

I've been to a lot of good ones but one that stands out is George Clinton and the P Funk All Stars. They are wonderful musicians and they played for 4 1/2 hours straight! I got my money's worth that night.
Jonny Lang was awesome too.

RugerShootinGal 09-18-2010 03:48 AM

Took my girls to a Framing Hanley and Pop Evil concert over the summer it was awesome. The girls loved it oh and so did I. The band members came down and talked to us ,took pictures and hung out. That was a time I won't forget and neither will the girls!!!:)

Shihan 09-18-2010 03:51 AM

I had a great concert EXPERIENCE at a Grateful Dead show. :D

CA357 09-18-2010 04:35 AM

We all know I'm old, so ...

Janis Joplin, Leon Russell, Delaney & Bonnie with Eric Clapton, Poco, the original Blood Sweat & Tears with Al Cooper and Mike Bloomfield (before David Clayton Fag Boy), Crowbar, Johhny Cash, Bob Dylan, the Young Rascals, Judy Collins, Melanie (yes really ;) ) Taj Mahal, Steppenwolf and a bunch more that escape me right now.

More recently ...

Delbert McClinton, Lyle Lovett & His Large Band, Bela Fleck & the Flectones and Leo Kottke

Most recent comics ...

Louis Black, Paula Poundstone.

RugerShootinGal 09-18-2010 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 352712)
We all know I'm old, so ...

Janis Joplin, Leon Russell, Delaney & Bonnie with Eric Clapton, Poco, the original Blood Sweat & Tears with Al Cooper and Mike Bloomfield (before David Clayton Fag Boy), Crowbar, Johhny Cash, Bob Dylan, the Young Rascals, Judy Collins, Melanie (yes really ;) ) Taj Mahal and a bunch more that escape me right now.

More recently ...

Delbert McClinton, Lyle Lovett & His Large Band, Bela Fleck & the Flectones and Leo Kottke

Most recent comics ...

Louis Black, Paula Poundstone.

Oh my god you got to see Janis Joplin that is awesome!!!!! You are too cool:cool:

CA357 09-18-2010 04:52 AM

Yup. It was Big brother and the Holding Company.

RugerShootinGal 09-18-2010 04:55 AM

That is just amazing. I would have loved to have seen them in concert!!:)